brake line rusted?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, brake line rusted? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 96 seville. brake fluid leak under drivers feet area. low pedal, brake light is on. i see the MC is ...
    stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

brake line rusted?

96 seville. brake fluid leak under drivers feet area. low pedal, brake light is on. i see the MC is pretty simple on my car. 2 lines come out and than go to a distribution block below the MC and i figure the lines than go forward to the abs module and than back towards the rear of car. i think the lines drop down the firewall and than run towards the rear of car along frame rail. its the area under firewall that i heard like to rust. anyway thats where the leak is. will crawl under car tomorrow and see. from all my prior brake line work. it seems you make up new lines to fit as none are really available from dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: brake line rusted?

You have 2 lines that come off the block & run down the rocker panel uni-body rail. This is probably the common place for these to rust. 1 of those lines share loom with the 3 fuel lines under there. A 3rd brake line nearby goes across the sub frame to the rt. ft. wheel.

I could see the lines being more susceptible to rust out right where they bend up to contour the floor/firewall because the protective coating on the tubeing is stretched at the bend and the enviroment is horrid behind the front wheel in road salty Minnesota.

This is where I had to splice in a fuel line section & those plastic
    lines would normally be hanging free at this point.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: brake line rusted?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.