Accessing BPMV - C1242 and C1243
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Accessing BPMV - C1242 and C1243 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can get at the ground stud on the BPMV motor? I ...
    iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Accessing BPMV - C1242 and C1243

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can get at the ground stud on the BPMV motor? I can see it, but I can't figure out how to get my hands down there so I can try to disconnect the ground wire and clean it. It's damn rusty! And I am getting a intermittent codes set for C1242 and C1243, and I'm guessing its because of the rusty ground.

EDIT: It appears the answer to this question is to access the pump motor stud, remove the front most plastic splash guard in the left side wheel well!

here's a picture of the pump itself, as you can see I've got everything above it out.

Now here's a picture of the stud:

The FSM, states for checking these codes to check the ground stud for both C1242 and C1243. It also mentions Pin 8, but in the FSM it says Pin 8 and Pin 7 in the pin out picture shows not used??? But says to check pin 8 with the ground stud on the motor again, so it seems to be my main culprit.

Again, any ideas on how to get to it would be great. I am wondering if I need to get at it from under the car instead. ding ding ding! well not from under the car but lift the car, remove the wheel, and remove the fender wall splash cover! Which I will do tomorrow night.

Also can anyone tell me where G107's ground point is? There is one right behind the left hand headlight towards the top of the engine? It's tied to the Circuit 350 which is also included in these code's schematic.

EDIT: I found G107 ground spot. It's #2 in this picture.

I cleaned the pump motor side of the ground and when I restarted the car C1243 came back. Will need to do further testing. Bummer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: Accessing BPMV - C1242 and C1243

Thats a horrrible enviroment to have an open terminal at.

Thanks for posting albums of the various jobs you have tackled!

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Its been a week since I cleaned the terminal and its been good. A day after I cleaned it up I still got the code, but now its been in history for 9 days. I am really hoping the issue is gone for good.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

It looks like the ground gets lost in the harness. that harness has a terminal near the temp sender at the rear bank 1 head and front block (3 wires)near trans side of the oil filter .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.