Does anyone know which side of master cylinder goes to which wheels... 00 Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Does anyone know which side of master cylinder goes to which wheels... 00 Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am trying to find out if my rear brakes are plumbed correctly. My understanding is the Lt front and ...
    jimsbox is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 DHS

Does anyone know which side of master cylinder goes to which wheels... 00 Deville

I am trying to find out if my rear brakes are plumbed correctly. My understanding is the Lt front and Rt rear should both come off the front half of the master cylinder and the Rt front and Lt rear off the back half of the master cylinder is this correct. I gravity bled my Rt rear until the fluid dropped lower (in the front half of the reservoir). I believe it is correct but there is some question that the rear lines may be crossed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: Does anyone know which side of master cylinder goes to which wheels... 00 Deville

The primary master cyl. piston is closest to the firewall the secondary piston being stacked if front of it pointing forward.

If you have 4 lines at the master cyl. you have a diagonal circuit -one front & the opposite rear one circuit. The other lines being its opposite. Many FWD's have this diagonal configuration.

I believe our caddy's have a front/rear split traditional system at the master cyl. found on most rear wheel drive cars. The frt & rear supply pressure to the EBCM that distributes a proportioned supply to the individual wheel brakes as many other inputs are processed by the various chassis controlers. There is a lot going on in time span of milliseconds.

This brake system is everything but traditional.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: Does anyone know which side of master cylinder goes to which wheels... 00 Deville

Allow me to correct myself... This is a diagonal system the forward port suppling the RT. front & LF rear and the rear port suppling the LF front & RT. rear calipers.

This link has a the complete brake circuit. -Page 215

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-suspension.pdf

jimsbox is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 DHS

Thanks Johnny, that is what I was afraid of, when I bled the right rear, the front reservoir was the one that was draining so the lines are not hooked up correctly. Guess I will have to switch them this weekend.

Take care.

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.