just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i did every thing they told me to do with the wireing and i am getting service ride control message ...
    Xmugsyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control

i did every thing they told me to do with the wireing and i am getting service ride control message and when i pull the codes i am getting the damper short to grond open code for all 4 wheels any one know what it could be ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control

What did they tell you to do? Yours the one that needs the relay?

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

boston suspension supplys a part that goes into each of the plugs that originally plugged into the struts , a diffrent approach to removing the message than the standard GM tech bulletin method involing a realy , the unit they use for each plug has a resistor built in it if im not mistaken .....

edit : have to talked to boston about this ? they claim not one of these kits has failed . can the plugs be installed the wrong way ?

yeh he gave me the resistor part that plucgs in to the factory wires but its not working and now he gives me directoins to re write the computer to tell it there is no ride control and i did that and it still says service ride control but the only code i get now it loss of ride control data or some $hit i just dont want it to say sevice ride control i just erks me and gets me mad every time i see it

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

I put the boston passive system on my 94 sls about 6 months ago. The ride control stays on for about 10 seconds and then goes out. Then you stop at a light and on it comes. If you press the info button it will stay off for the duration of the ride. I also did the computer thing. Still comes on. As I am writing this, the car is at my mechanics. He is going to bypass the ride control module with a relay. It is going to cost $125.00 but the light drives me nuts. Besides that it is a pain in the #ss. I will post back if this works.

PhillyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

I just orderd the passive system yesterday from Boston suspension after reading nothing but good things about this set up and now all this.
    Please keep us all informed about the outcome. mainly me. I guess I will find out maybe this weekend if they arrive in time.

im goign to call thgem up again and see what they say cuz man thats bull they tell you it works but it dont i cant stant the message

toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control

Hi Guys:

I got 2 boston kits on my cars a 96 seville and a 99 deville no probs. whatsoever, I don't know what to say I am very happy with the products I bought and no service ride message.

TOM

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyr
    I put the boston passive system on my 94 sls about 6 months ago. The ride control stays on for about 10 seconds and then goes out. Then you stop at a light and on it comes. If you press the info button it will stay off for the duration of the ride. I also did the computer thing. Still comes on. As I am writing this, the car is at my mechanics. He is going to bypass the ride control module with a relay. It is going to cost $125.00 but the light drives me nuts. Besides that it is a pain in the #ss. I will post back if this works.
    Well my mechanic could not bypass the ride control module. He spent 17 yrs with cadillac and is very good. He is going to do some research on how to to turn it off. But as of now I still have the message.

mastertech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you have N*, there is no way to bypass the RSS module currently....if you have a 4.9 with SSS, it can be bypassed with a relay...let us know if you find an alternative!

From what I have read in other posts it seems that the boston fix for fooling the computer doesn't work mostly on the 94 n*'s. If this is so, Dennis at boston should put a disclaimer about the 94's on his web site. After saying that I saw my mechanic today. Even though the article on caddyinfo about disabling the SRC light does not pertain to the 94. He is going to try the relay bypass on my car.
    (Info -- Procedure to Disable Illumination of Service Indicator AFTER installing Passive Struts #00-03-11-001A
    Applies to:

1989-1992 Cadillac Allante
    1991-1993 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville
    1991-1995 Cadillac DeVille)
    It says the 4.9 but it does not say it won't work on the n*
    I will let you guys know when he does it.

thanks let me know

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

CVRSS can get bypassed with a simple resistor in place of the damper, The earlier systems require a bypass using a relay. Check the how-to's at caddyinfo.com. I believe there are also tsb's on how to disable the message.

-I dont think Boston did their homework when creating their replacement kits. They just copied and packaged up what was freely available from the web

Douglass Harroun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 STS

Boston front struts/ with resistors caused the suspension code to set in my '98 STS. Dennis said i was the only one- ha ha ha, as I read all these posts
    I sent them back and went with the factory struts

Matthew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ive been thinking about ordering this kit for my 94 deville. Its pretty floaty and doesnt ride that nice.

I know the new shocks will be an improvemet, but how is the actual ride with the new shocks?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.