just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I talked to Dennis at Boston Suspension about this issue with the service ride message. It seems that on certain ...
    toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: just did the boston struts and i cand get rid of service ride control

I talked to Dennis at Boston Suspension about this issue with the service ride message. It seems that on certain years 1994 in particular the electronics they sold originally with their kits will in fact suppress the message most of the time but will not eliminate it completly.

As I have said many times my 1996 and 1999 Cadillac have this kit and they work excellent.

He also said they now have new electronics for the 3 problem years 1994 1998-99 Seville and Eldorado that work excellent because inductive resistance works better than flat resistance from a power resistor.

TOM

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Crap i wish i read this a couple of days ago when i ordered shocks from them... if i get them soon i will put them on by myself, and they will probably be on by the end of the first week of december. I will report back to this board to tell if my shocks work correctly with no service ride control message........... if the shocks dont take away that message we can go to plan B and sue them for false advertisement hahaha

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

The problem being that when I purchased the system from boston I was not told that. I asked and was told that yes the system would suppress the src. That being said would you purchase anything if the merchant said well it works most of the time but not all the time. As far as the the induction goes see my post on boston suspension. I am glad that yours works tom. I would not let boston aka dennis put air in my tires. My 2 cents.

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Inductive Resistance? I've never heard of that, some time ago I was corresponding with someone who had a 94 and was trying to remedy the suspension message. I had not access to the car to be able to diagnose how the system worked, but my best guess was that it was some type of buck voltage converter. In a buck architecture, current flow through the coil would be continuous and the + end of the coil would actually drop to about -0.7 volts during the off phase. I figured the system would not work with a resistor because INDUCTANCE is needed (not inductive resistance, maybe they meant reactance?).

Needless to say, they individual never got back to me to let me know if his fixes worked - maybe he worked for Boston?

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

I just got my kit today from boston suspension for my 94 eldo with N*... I was looking at the resistors and thinking about the codes that were said to come up, short to ground codes, and i thought that maybe it is shorting to ground because the resistor itself is metal and there is no way to tell if inside the current might be going to the casing somehow, and you attached it to a metal item on your car it could be shorting.... sorry, but that was the only way i could think to write it... im going to attach the resistor to a plastic part on the car to make sure it is not shorting to ground... i will have them installed in a couple of weeks, but im going to do it myself. im going to make sure i tell everyone here how it goes when im finished.

blocker11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

Krashed989, Mydog, Toofit...what do the struts/shocks look like? I hear they are Monroe products.

I'd like to get a part number for one of the shock and one of the struts so that I can have my mechanic cross reference them to the stock parts to ensure a solid, legit fit on the car. This information would help me emensely.

Thank you in advance.

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The heatsink on the resistor should not be grounded, of course you could always use a multimeter (ohmeter to check).

By the way.. does Dennis's last name start with an L? Because I have quite a few emails from such and individual discussing the 94 RSS system ... LOL.

Should I be asking for royalties?

mrnextel is offline Cadillac Owners Member

OK I have a 96 eldo, obviously the bostons arent an option as it seems they just lie about who they are propping the products in the message boards, man i cant believe the crap i see. they even make the same posts in error. cal_the_cop & toofit

my car feels like im riding a ostrich!!!! the front bounces like crazy, and on the highway bobs like a baloon in the air! the car has 49k on it, wtf!! Arnott?

is there a possibility that my connections are just loose or dirty?

and if that is the case would my ride loosen up like this if the connections werent of good quality?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.