ABS & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ARE ON!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, ABS & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ARE ON! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 99 DeVille, 111,000 miles. The abs & traction control lights are on and I lost first gear. The codes are ...
    bschelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS 1999 Deville 1991 Eldorado

ABS & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ARE ON!

99 DeVille, 111,000 miles. The abs & traction control lights are on and I lost first gear. The codes are PCM: P0741 History
    P1520 "
    No IPC
    No ACM
    No SDM
    TCS: C1243 History
    No PZM
    IRC: U1255 History
    No RFA
    What do you think the problem is?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

borgebekken is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: ABS & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ARE ON!

It is probably something with the feedback from one of the speed sensors.
    I had the same problem on my 1996 DeVille, and it was a broken wire from the right front wheel speed sensor.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

P0741 - TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) System Stuck Off
    P1520 - Transmission Range Switch Circuit
    C1243 - BPMV (Brake Pressure Modulator Valve) Pump Motor Stalled (this caused the lights to come on)
    IRC (Integrated Radio Chasis) U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

I don't know much about transmissions, but I wonder if P1520 is causing the P0741. I know that P0741 is whats causing you to have only one gear though. Your break pressure modulator valve is connected to the EBTCM (Electronic Brake Traction Control Module) along with its pump. Here's some useful information about the EBTCM and your whole suspension system in general.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-suspension.pdf
    I guess you have to copy and paste it

Hope this helps

outlaw1369 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado 1996 Sedan Deville

I have the same problem. Checked the sensors all were ok. Turns out my water pump had been leaking onto the ABS pump and the wiring harness that plugs into the top of the ABS pump has corroded. Just my .02

G_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey iam getting the same thing ..it would only come on when I would hit a bump so I played ( just unplug it ) with the left front speed sensor wrire and now the light will not go off so I scanned it and its telling me that my left front and right rear speed sensor is not working ...are they both on the same circut ?? any help guys Thanks

G_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok I just went out side and checked the wrire from the left front speed sensor and it was ok ....any ideas

Supercrew632 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CERTIFIED CADDY TECH

It's not the wheel speed sensor. It is an internal transmission problem. Usually a high mileage car. At my dealer we would recommend a SERTA rebuilt transmission. It's telling you the torque converter clutch is not engaging, eventually it will slip enough that you will notice it. Hope this helps, sorry to bear bad news.
    Supercrew632

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.