STS rear alignment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, STS rear alignment in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 96 STS. took it to shop. tech said alignment was ok. 1 tire is vertical, 1 leans in about 1/2" ...
    stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS

STS rear alignment

96 STS. took it to shop. tech said alignment was ok. 1 tire is vertical, 1 leans in about 1/2" at top. jacked up rear and both wheels seems tight. 12-6 and 3-9 pressure and both feel solid. does the spring tension mask any looseness in a-arm bushings? do you have to take apart assembly to check for wear in bushings?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: STS rear alignment

both my rear wheels have slight play when i pull on them. just a small clunk. cannot really see any tire movement so i am not sure why the camber is off so much. i am sure new knuckle bushings would help the situation. maybe its worn wheel bearings also.

Re: STS rear alignment

the spec for camber seems to be about -1degree so the tire will lean in about 1/4-1/2" at top. seems 1 of my rear tires is about right while the other is basically vertical. i am going to do the bushings and see if they are both the same when done.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.