93 deville suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 93 deville suspension in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi everyone how are you doing I hve 1993 cadillac deville 4.9 and was wondering if I should put air ...
    mike93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac sedan deville

93 deville suspension

Hi everyone how are you doing I hve 1993 cadillac deville 4.9 and was wondering if I should put air shocks back on the car or passive shocks because next month im putting new shocks all around and want to know what do you think should i do idc about the air shocks all I want is for my car to sit up nice not low like it's sitting right now im also putting all new coil spring so what do you think I should do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 93 deville suspension

If you have the time and $$$, rebuild the suspension back to stock (including the rear level system) for that nice Cadillac ride and control.

Otherwise, start searching the aftermarket spring and strut/shock sites for passive replacements.

Car sits low shocks are not leaking why is car sitting so low and the shocks are not leaking?

Cadillac_Phx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Concours (SOLD) / 2006 DTS Lux II

I'm about to replace my suspension too. I'm going to do it in 2-3 weeks from now. I'm replacing my front struts & rear air shocks with ALL Arnott Industries parts. After doing extensive research I've come to find that all caddy owners who use Arnott get Great, satisfying results & no SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message!! I'm going to replace the springs as well, I'm getting those from the dealer but I might look around to see where they're cheaper. I think Eibach springs lower your vehicle so I'm not going for those. GOOD LUCK MAN!!

Oh ok cool yeah im gonna be doing it soon front and rear spring something thats gonna make the car sit nice and high

brandond25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville 4.9L

Quote Originally Posted by mike93 View Post
    Car sits low shocks are not leaking why is car sitting so low and the shocks are not leaking?
    Could be the pump that puts the air to your rear shocks is not working. Or bad springs. If your shocks dont leak its one or the other. Unless you have a ton of weight in the rear maybe.

revdowrong is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 91 sedan deville

On my cadillac I replaced my rear springs with Rear Variable Rate Coil Springs and replace the air struts and it no longer sags in the back. To make sure the air struts have air see if you can squeeze the air bladder on the struts. Thats what I do to make sure the air struts don't have a leak. When you do decide to get springs get Rear Variable Rate Coil Springs because they get firmer when there is added weight.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.