Quietest, softest tires for 2000 DTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Quietest, softest tires for 2000 DTS? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Going to pick up my newly-purchased 2000 DTS tomorrow to replace my 1996 Deville. It needs tires. I know the ...
    Chris Luongo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville

Quietest, softest tires for 2000 DTS?

Going to pick up my newly-purchased 2000 DTS tomorrow to replace my 1996 Deville. It needs tires.

I know the DTS is a firmer-riding car, but I still want to get the least-noisiest tires I can find.

My priorities are, in this order:

1. Noise
    2. Ride
    3. Handling
    4. Tread life
    5. Price

I've already used the search feature, and this was the best (but slightly old) post I found:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2007-dts.html

It looks like the Michelin Primacy would be a good choice---quiet, smooth riding, if a little bit pricey.

I've heard about Vogue tires but I don't want anything I have to get from the dealer....I want to buy from somewhere like Costco, where it's easy and simple to go back for routine rotation and rebalancing.

Any other opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Quietest, softest tires for 2000 DTS?

For the DTS (130 mph speed limiter), try the Cooper CS-4V in the OEM tire size posted on the driver's door sticker. www.coopertire.com

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: Quietest, softest tires for 2000 DTS?

I'm currently at replacing my two bald Uniroyal tires (yeah I know, bad choice for this car) with a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4's or Michelin Symmetry's. Had the latter on the car last year and they were great tires, but the Primacy's are supposedly the best tires in the class for my size. They are pricey, but I have read nothing but good reviews about them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.