Somebody Please Help me!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Somebody Please Help me!!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 1968 Deville (472) and I just purchased the front disk brake system from a guy who had ...
    dbird35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968

Somebody Please Help me!!!!

I have a 1968 Deville (472) and I just purchased the front disk brake system from a guy who had a 1969 deville. I took everything from the spindle out plus the poportional valve...My question is do I need to install the poportional and change my brake lines or can I run the same brake lines that was used for the drums and not install the poportional valve? And If I have to change the brake lines is there a place that sells the brake line pre bent......Somebody Plase Help!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tripowerbird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS

Re: Somebody Please Help me!!!!

You need to install the proportioning valve. If I remember correctly you'll experience rear brake lockup every time you use the brakes. The valve limits pressure to the rear until a certain pressure is reached.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1999 BMW 740 Il. 2005 Jag XK8, 1988 Mercedes Benz 300 SE

Re: Somebody Please Help me!!!!

You also need the master cylinder. A disc brake master cylinder has a check valve within it to keep the pads close to the rotor anticipating the next application. And I wouldn't use anything but a rebuit or new master cylinder! Your lines, hoses should work fine assuming threaded fittings are the same. I would also get new flex hoses for the calipers to make sure they clear the tires and steering linkage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.