Bagging a 1985 Fleetwood Sedan?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Bagging a 1985 Fleetwood Sedan? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm looking at possibly buying a 1985 Fleetwood sedan to bag. But I need to know what type of parts ...
    lowlyfe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Bagging a 1985 Fleetwood Sedan?

I'm looking at possibly buying a 1985 Fleetwood sedan to bag. But I need to know what type of parts you need to bag it. Is it cups all the way around? Do I need to link it? What needs to be done to lay frame on 20s or 22's? I have a bagged s10, but I don't know anything about bagging a Cadillac. Is the 85 FWD or RWD?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: Bagging a 1985 Fleetwood Sedan?

foreign language to me. I do know 20s and 22s fit without any suspension mods. The frame is very simular to a caprice frame from 77 to 96, maybe that helps. Its RWD. I wouldnt mind to see how its done for my own "learn something new everyday" purposes.

Go on youtube and search "bagged cadillac" if you want to see some. It's air ride suspension front, back, side to side.

Thanks and search "bagged cadillac" on youtube if you want to see some.

Thanks, and search "bagged cadillac" on youtube if you want to see some.

Sorry, for the tripple post, lol.

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

so when you say lay a frame with 20s, do you mean to lay the frame on the ground with 20s on the cars?

AaronB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham Premier

I have an '87 Brougham and wanted to lay on 20's, also. I quickly found out that you can't fully lay frame on anything much bigger than 13's! It wasn't my plan, either, but that's all that would fit. The Cadillac front end is pretty much the same as the S10 and GM G body (Cutlass, Caprice, Regal, Monte Carlo, etc.) which needs the same work to bag. I plated my lower arms flat, built upper cups and had to pipe notch the frame for the tie rods. In the rear, I also pipe notched the rear, built lower plates, upper cups and even with the 13's, it binds up the control arms and u-joints. I can drive low and drag without any driveline vibrations at all. I have seen a guy on Cardomain (google Coupe DeEville) with a bagged coupe on 20's laying front crossmember with S10 spindles (and brakes), but the back doesn't fully lay. It would take a minitruck style notch, cutting out the trunk floor, a four link, maybe a driveshaft tunnel notch and tubs to do 20's right, IMO, which I may be doing.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.