Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Deville's Front Coil Differences: 00-01 & 02-05

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Marco 
#1 ·
I've been planning on replacing the front struts/coils/mounts/seats/insulators on our 2000 base deville due to its
harsh ride.

While perusing parts catalogs online and from collision parts books, I've found that Cadillac changed the front coils and upper coil seat in 2002.
I also learned that there are some other front suspension components that also were changed that year, like the control arms and knuckles.

I REALLY want the ride of the 2004 Deville that I once drove while on vacation.
My 2000 deville base has never ridden like that, and i bought it when it only had 18k miles on it.

So, my question is, do you think it's possible to retro fit my 2000 with the 02-05 front coils & upper seats without messing up the front end?

Has anyone ever done this?

ac delco part #s
Coil set front:
00-01 45H0287
02-05 45H0286

thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
More info...

Went to caddy dealer parts counter and had them pull up the front coils for my base 2000 Deville and the system came back with FOUR different applications for that year.

Once supplied with MY VIN, the part number that applies, according to them, is: 22197594.

Went to gmpartsdirect to input # and it shows a dicounted price of $39.31 each:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/result...ber=22197594&singlepart=1&partnumber=22197594

Now, if i were to pull up the same part in their online catalog acording to year/model it shows a coil that cost $66 after discount.

So, I do the same for a 2005 model and their discounted price comes back as $39.31! Wooh hoo!
It looks like the newer (thru -05) coil spring is what will fit on my particular 2000 model.
This is a relief, as i search for that smooth Cadillac ride!
I also plan on getting new front mounts, which are the same for all 00-05 models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.