1999 STS Front End Creaking
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 1999 STS Front End Creaking in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I posted this in the Seville Section with no replies...its been this way since I bought the car back in ...
    jcresciSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)

1999 STS Front End Creaking

I posted this in the Seville Section with no replies...its been this way since I bought the car back in May. Well when I test drove it it was fine and when I was driving it home the next day it was fine, when I got home is when the noise appeared (of course that would happen). Anyways...

Well I'm still not sure what it is since I haven't had it checked out but when I got to work I pushed on my car from the side and no noise. I went to the front bumper and stepped on it and heard the noise. It also happens when driving.

Like I said in my other post a long time ago, its a creaking noise but I guess a better way to describe it is that it sounds like something is "popping". My guess is my strut?

I just did a little video from my phone and got a sound recording. This noise is actually coming from the passenger side...this whole time I thought it was my driver's side.

Now in keep in mind a mechanic from a shop I went to said it was my LCA bushings on both sides...I can only hear this noise on the passenger side so I'm 99% sure he was bs'n me

Here is audio of the noise:
    http://www.box.net/shared/6iothguehu

[youtube]FBY8xOKe-NI[/youtube]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

derone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac STS

Re: 1999 STS Front End Creaking

Might be the swaybar frame(inner) bushings. You can spray them with wd40 to see if the noise goes away temporarily. wd40 evaporates so no harm done to the rubber. I use a mix of silicon grease and powered graphite for a permanent cure.

jcresciSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow

What would the process be for the permanent cure?

KARL DAHLEN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 STSV6 RWD

It is the torsion bar bushings. There should be a TB on it. There is a new type of bushing and clamp to fix it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.