Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Are "Centric" brake rotors any good? Link and photo inside...

17K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lbwd 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 Seville STS. I am thinking about these "Centric Premium Rotors" because they're dark in color and my rims are pretty open. I also wouldn't mind better braking.

The performance characteristics of this product place it in both Performance Street and Autocross/Track categories.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...lle+STS&autoYear=1996&autoModClar=&perfCode=S

Text from Tire Rack:

Real Value – Quality Replacement Rotors That Offer More Features Than Just a Great Price

All Centric Parts premium brake components are engineered and manufactured using stringent, well-proven production processes. Centric's global suppliers have already passed these stringent quality assurance standards because they currently supply products to OE manufacturers. Centric Parts' in-house engineering department analyzes each part to ensure proper performance and fitment for every application (import and domestic). This attention to detail guarantees that Centric parts will perform as good as or better than the factory original.

Centric Premium Rotors feature an Electrocoating (E-coating) finish that provides long lasting corrosion protection. Unlike phosphate finishes that provide only minimal protection from the elements, E-coating is a superior electrostatically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting.

Double Disc Ground

Centric Premium Rotors are double disc ground with a taper-free finish. Double disc grinding ensures parallelism, eliminates run out and provides near perfect disc thickness variation (DTV). Double disc grinding leaves a non-directional finish on the friction surface area for more effective pad-rotor break in.

Machined Finishes

Centric Premium Rotors feature 100% fully machined finishes including rotor hats. This extra process provides better rotor balance and creates a cleaner, more finished looking component. Additionally, all Centric rotors are inspected for balance and mill-corrected to a tolerance of less than 2 oz. per inch

Split Castings

Center-split core castings provide proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency, resulting in superior braking power and safety.

Mill Balancing

Centric Premium Rotors are mill-balanced to a tolerance of less than 2 oz. per inch. This additional machining operation reduces the feedback associated with rotor vibration and provides a smooth, confident application of braking force.

What do you think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Nothing wrong with Centric, if that's what you're wondering. I've used their parts on various cars and trucks and have no complaints. Far better than the Chinese import stuff, and maybe even better than factory rotors. I had warped rotor problems on my '02 and the same rotors you are looking at fixed that problem for good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.