Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1992 / 1997 Eldorado & Seville Front Strut Replacement

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MeTaK 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey, youre new here..... Welcome!!! :)

I know that some aftermarket company makes struts for your model (KYB if im not mistaken).... One of the moderators (kcnewell) did it to his car, and they were like 60-80 a piece...... The thing is, his was a 91, so that is different........

I also heard that you can put the SLS model struts into the STS (their the same, but the SLS doesnt have CVRSS), but again, I dont know for sure.....

But I am pretty sure (94% :) ) that there is a passive strut for your car.......

#3 ·
Hello Fine people..I am Glen and I am presently and painfully struggling through Rebuilding my 1997 Eldo Base Model (not ETC) Vin code Y, Great car.
Presently at hand is rebuilding the complete suspension up to but not including the sub frame and rear cross member.
The horror stories I can tell you about getting those bushing and all.

But in reply to the kind Gentleman’s supposition "that KYB has Strut shocks" is now not available through them..KYB, although they have the bearings and Mounts for such.
I found all four..Front Struts and rear air shocks for about 525.00 which fits my pocketbook. They were purchased through ARNOTT corp. who brokers for Gabriel Shocks..which is a very good shock, with lifetime warranty.

Any Q&A where to find good bushings and suspension parts lemmeno.

#4 ·
Hi Guys,

I realize time has passed since you've all talked about this, but i've finally came into having to replace the Struts on my '92 Eldorado Touring Coupe. Love my car, currently have 117k, i realize it may not be worth much, but i really like it.

Any advice as to which struts i should consider? I've found that Monroe has a conversion kit (Conversion Kit 90008) that seems as a viable option?

Looking for any advice that someone may care to share, as some of you probably have already been through this predicament..

best wishes,

MeTaK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.