Ride Suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Ride Suspension in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Our new 2008 CTS V6 DI Performance Sedan rides like a log-wagon! Is there anything that can be done with ...
    fordyfordconv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Angry Ride Suspension

Our new 2008 CTS V6 DI Performance Sedan rides like a log-wagon! Is there anything that can be done with the CTS suspension to improve the ride?
    Maybe it's because we came out of a 2004 Sedan DeVille. We had a 1998 Eldorado prior to that and it rode just like the Deville, like a boat. The ride on this $41,000 car is ridiculous!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: Ride Suspension

Unfortunately you picked the wrong car if you wanted a super smooth, Cadillac-like ride. The CTS is a sports sedan, with a ride that is supposed to mimic BMW and Mercedes, two brands of automobiles that are not cushy. You might have been better off with a newer STS or DTS if you wanted a smooth ride. Having driven a base, FE1 CTS it doesn't ride nearly as well as my '00 STS.

As for a way to soften the ride of your CTS, I have no clue. Sorry.

fordyfordconv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

It has the FE1 suspension with Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 17" tires. Yes, we test drove it and it rode okay on good streets and highways. Didn't realize I needed a test track! Nobody to blame but myself. It's our family car but my wife drives it most of the time. I drive a pick up that rides just like it but at least it's what I expect, comfortable, and half the price! She loves the "sporty" look. And I have to admit I like the design. They did a super job of advertising! My beef is the great reviews it gets. If the reviews had been more accurate and honest, I could have been more persuasive about not buying it. There are other things I don't like about it too: uncomfortable seats (no cushion), hard to get in and out of, steering wheel blocks vision of where to insert key into ignition, difficult to ingage and ungage seat belt (no room), harmonic vibration in transmission (they all have it, even the 09's). This car is not what it's hyped up to be! Sure miss my Eldorado and Sedan DeVille! Oh well, my turn to pick out our next car, if this one doesn't make a hadicapped person out of me!

turnerbend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Quote Originally Posted by fordyfordconv View Post
    It has the FE1 suspension with Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 17" tires. Yes, we test drove it and it rode okay on good streets and highways. Didn't realize I needed a test track! Nobody to blame but myself. It's our family car but my wife drives it most of the time. I drive a pick up that rides just like it but at least it's what I expect, comfortable, and half the price! She loves the "sporty" look. And I have to admit I like the design. They did a super job of advertising! My beef is the great reviews it gets. If the reviews had been more accurate and honest, I could have been more persuasive about not buying it. There are other things I don't like about it too: uncomfortable seats (no cushion), hard to get in and out of, steering wheel blocks vision of where to insert key into ignition, difficult to ingage and ungage seat belt (no room), harmonic vibration in transmission (they all have it, even the 09's). This car is not what it's hyped up to be! Sure miss my Eldorado and Sedan DeVille! Oh well, my turn to pick out our next car, if this one doesn't make a hadicapped person out of me!
    Cadillac in going down slow. I give it 6 more year to self destruct if they don't do better.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by fordyfordconv View Post
    I too don't like the seats and feel the car is uncomfortable after a short drive. I think the CTS is a good balance between decent ride and good handling, but it's not something I would own. I would much, much rather have my Seville on a daily basis than a new CTS, even if they are extremely sexy cars.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Get rid of the CTS and find a creampuff late 2003 STS. The build date is on the driver's door sticker, and "late" is in or after Dec. of 2002. The last real STS came off the line in June of 2003.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.