where are the old narrow witewalls
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, where are the old narrow witewalls in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does anyone know where I could find -----NARROW(SKINNY STYLE)-----white wall tires for a 1995/1996 cadillac fleetwood brougham (235/70R15). The local ...
    rhall305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood brougham

Smile where are the old narrow witewalls

Does anyone know where I could find -----NARROW(SKINNY STYLE)-----white wall tires for a 1995/1996 cadillac fleetwood brougham (235/70R15). The local goodyear/michelin dealer & other tire dealers in my county of dade florida &/or on the internet don't have them. I'm having a bit of trouble finding them. None of the sources I've checked have this size but only in all blackwall. I want to keep it original or should I just go ahead & up grade to 20" or 24" wheels & rims. I've seen 20" or 24" rims on the car in my city & most of them make the cadillac fleetwood (same body stlye as mine) look really really good.I absolutely do not want really really big rims making the car sit up high like a truck. I think it makes the car & other cars look soooo ugly & just so dag on sacrilegious. The 24" rims are big & could make the car sit a few inches higher but the car still can sit low like a car (not a truck) should.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: where are the old narrow witewalls

Tires - maybe call www.tirerack.com ? Ask a Cadillac dealer ??

Rims - Say your original tire had an outside diameter of 27". You could put a set of 27" rims, no tires, on the car and it would ride no higher.

You can install any diameter wheel you want and as long as you select a new tire with the same OD as stock, the ride height will not change and you won't introduce speedometer, braking, or engine/transmission control errors.

BUT, excessive wheel diameters lead to minimum tire sidewall heights, giving you a hard ride and early suspension component wear. Excessive wheel diameters with over size tires lead to braking problems, suspension problems, and stability errors.

TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.........

Angry Matt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme

Re: where are the old narrow witewalls

24" wheels I think will raise the car a significant amount. I had 20's on an '84 coupe about 8 years ago and although the OD of the wheel and tire was almost the same, it lifted the car an inch or so. I think it's due to the fact that the tiny tire doesn't have as much sag as the big white wall. My tranny went eventually and I blamed it on the weight of the wheels, definitely could be wrong though, just a guess. And there's a loss of gas mileage because of the width of the tread and again the weight of the wheels. You could probably get away with 20's and lowering it an inch or two. That would look great if you could get them to tuck and not rub. I'm all for white walls personally. They look great, ride way better and you don't have to dodge potholes. If you curb them you're not scratching a wheel that cost's more than the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.