Completed Rear Knuckle 'Bushing' Install - Last Shot Auto parts Kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Completed Rear Knuckle 'Bushing' Install - Last Shot Auto parts Kit in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What i thought was bad bearings (413 dollars total) turned out to be bad knuckle joints...returned the bearings and started ...
    fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

Completed Rear Knuckle 'Bushing' Install - Last Shot Auto parts Kit

What i thought was bad bearings (413 dollars total) turned out to be bad knuckle joints...returned the bearings and started my research and WAS NOT PLEASED with what i found regarding these parts.

500+ for a new knuckle? bitch plz!

found 3 alternatives...

cadillacbushings.com
    lsapllc.com
    waltonmfg.com

of the 3 i decided to go with the last shot auto parts bushing 'kit'...

old pressed right out easily, and the new pressed in just as easily. used the specified spacers which were included...torqued the bolts while the suspension was under typical load (as specified by GM and Walton actually)...

car is back on the road!

i know there isn't much feedback on alot of these alternatives yet. i only found 2 or 3 people that went with lsapllc and a couple that went with cadillacbushings...i will track my mileage and report the condition as appropriate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Theresa3086 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville

Re: Completed Rear Knuckle 'Bushing' Install - Last Shot Auto parts Kit

I'm trying to do some research on my grandmothers 94 Seville. When you get to speeds like 40 and above the car feels like it's sliding on ice, i was told it's the back end that is doing it and i wanted to know if that was a sign that the bushings need to be replaced? How did you know that you needed to change those in your car? Any feedback would be helpful at this point, nothing seems to be loose so we cant really figure out what is causing this to happen and i worry about her saftey when she drives it.
    Thanks

fubar569 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 82 fleetwood - 97 deville

basically take it for a small drive up and down the road...bring it back and grab the top of the rear wheel and jerk it towards and then away from you...if you feel any play or hear any clunking sounds then i'd replace the knuckle bushings for sure. I'd also replace other bushings/parts as appropriate once the wheel is off for inspection.

Jakester55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks Fubar !!! WE ARE EXPANDING OUR SUPPORT TO COMMERCIAL CHASSIS REAR BUSHINGS AS FOLLOWS:

LSAPLLC has Heavy Duty Rear Knuckle Bushing Replacements for: 1994-1999 Cadillac COMMERCIAL CHASSIS WITH STARTING VIN# of 1GEEH

Manufactured to SAE & ISO-9001 Quality Standards

Warranty and Installation Instructions included

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Old, post, but can you tell me how long the bolts are? They are discontinued now. I am replacing the bushings on my knuckles and figured I would get new bolts too. I ordered my bushings from cadillacbushings.com before I saw this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.