What is best tire size for 22" Wheels on a 2005 STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, What is best tire size for 22" Wheels on a 2005 STS? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What is best tire size for 22" Wheels on a 2005 STS? I know this is probably asked a lot. ...
    STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

What is best tire size for 22" Wheels on a 2005 STS?

What is best tire size for 22" Wheels on a 2005 STS? I know this is probably asked a lot. I have the STS 17s stock with the pressure sensor. what will be the best tire to fit without issues of rubbing as well as getting me near the correct speedo reading. is it the 255/35/22? or 235/30/22?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: What is best tire size for 22" Wheels on a 2005 STS?

Take a look at your driver's door sticker and write down the OEM tire size and rating.

Go to www.tirerack.com and get to your OEM tire and write down all the size specs, especially "outside diameter". This spec determines how far the tire rolls in one revolution.

Now start searching for your favorite 22" tire(s) and check their specs. When you find a good tire with the features you want and an outside diameter within about 0.3" of OEM, you're good to go. No speedo, engine management, or transmission errors. Stay pretty close to section and tread widths, too - no sense rubbing the inside of the wheel well. Don't forget that you need to get tires with the recommended bead width for the new rim width - there's a range there, say for example: will fit 7" - 8'5" rims.

right now the wheels i have are 22x9.5 they have a 265/??/22 tire on them. i can't remember the ?? part cause im at work. i think it set the speedo off 7mph at 60mph on the gauge.

ok the tires were 265/35/22 and they will barely clear by .5" i read people have 255/30/22 but i have seen no one mention if they have rubbing issues when they are on 22x9.5 rims. can anyone who has this setup let me know what clearance issues they have?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.