1993 Seville STS giving weird code's: Service ride control 84 - 43
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 1993 Seville STS giving weird code's: Service ride control 84 - 43 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My Seville STS from 1993 is giving me some weird code's. After driving a few miles the message "Service ride ...
    fhogeweg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville STS 1993

1993 Seville STS giving weird code's: Service ride control 84 - 43

My Seville STS from 1993 is giving me some weird code's.

After driving a few miles the message "Service ride control 84" comes on the display. When i run the self diagnos no code's appear.
    Somethings i also get the message "Service ride control 43" befor the 84 message.

What could be the problem and how can we solve this?

Tanks in advance,
    Ferdy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 1993 Seville STS giving weird code's: Service ride control 84 - 43

Something has gone wrong with some part of the ride control system. The numbers you see are "export codes" and are the numbers used for any number of languages to translate a DIC message. Somewhere in the Forums there is a list of what each number translates into, in English. Perhaps you can find it by Googling something like "gm export codes" or "gm export fault codes".........just a guess.........

You should be able to pull your own Diagnostic Trouble Codes by following the OBD-I instructions in "How to pull codes and got codes ? Look here" in the sticky threads at the top of this Cadillac Tech forum and the Seville forums. (My mistake.....I see you have already done this.......)

Is it possible that a front strut or rear shock absorber has failed, or that an electrical connector to one of them has either disconnected or corroded ???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.