85 DeVille ELC draining battery
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 85 DeVille ELC draining battery in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hey guys took my deville to cadillac to test the elec system, i had a drain on the battery, alternator ...
    jetengine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

85 DeVille ELC draining battery

hey guys took my deville to cadillac to test the elec system, i had a drain on the battery, alternator new and battery. they told me that the drain was coming from the level ride compressor, he said he can stop the battery from draining by disconnecting the elc, they didnt have the need part for the problem but if i get it on the internet (ebay) they could put it in, in the mean time is there a fuse in the car to open the circuit for the elc, until i get the needed part to stop the car from draining the battery, if there is such a fuse are there other items that run of the same fuse, thanks mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

steelybill is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '85 Fleetwood FWD

Re: 85 DeVille ELC draining battery

Fuse #9 and fuse # 14 are both for the level control. I would just un-plug the compressor , which has two connectors I believe, without looking.

I have an '85 FWD Fleetwood, and I removed the pump and bought a kit to plumb the rear struts to a valve near the trunk lid, which lets me set the level. It's likely not for everybody, but works fine for me. I also just replaced all the struts , front wheel bearings, brake cylinders, calipers, drums, rotors, and master cylinder. Just got tired of piece-meal repairs. Should be OK for a while!

jetengine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 85 DeVille ELC draining battery

thanks steelybill, for the quick response, i'll do that, once i find the part i need, i'll fix the system, gm part #22049806 which is hard to find then i'll put it all back together. mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.