updated air-adjustable shocks?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, updated air-adjustable shocks? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, Just joined today! I just picked up DELCOs from my local GM dealer, 250$ for the so called kit, ...
    CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

updated air-adjustable shocks?

Hello, Just joined today!
    I just picked up DELCOs from my local GM dealer, 250$ for the so called kit, containing just two absorbers and nothing else. "Cadillac dealer wanted 100$ more".
    For one they are not the same size, but are Larger in diameter, noticed it right off the bat, and two they have no rubber insulation in the middle. GM rep. assured me it goes in and the only thing i may need to do is reset the computer.
    So, here is my question!
    The flimsy paper that came in the box shows bunch of fiqures that I'am unable to decipher. it seems like its talking about "TYPICAL AIR VALVE MOUNTINGS" one in Splash shield mount, one in the bumper mount and one in the trunk mount with some typical LOOPS. also something about the air hose connecting to some TEE with some VALVE CAP AND WARNING TAG?!?!?!?
    Do I need this Information? should'nt this allready be installed? dont the old CLIP that connects to the shock goes into the updated shocks? or do i need new air lines using all those fiqures to install it?
    Im not a mechanic, The Mechanic whom i go to may not be familiar with this system, so before i take it in to his shop to get it done i wanted to ask the CADDY BUFFS on here.
    PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE./

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

timothyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 FWB d'Elegance, 92 deVille, 93 Seville, 06 DTS

Re: updated air-adjustable shocks?

it should all be plug and play, unless you have a broken air line or there is corrosion on a clip or something you should be good to go

Quote Originally Posted by timothyr View Post
    it should all be plug and play, unless you have a broken air line or there is corrosion on a clip or something you should be good to go
    Thanks So much Timothy... appriciate your reassurance in my ride

Hi, Everyone!
    Just wanted to update you on my story...
    Mechanic Installed it without any problems in less than an hour (47 minutes). AMAZING!!! best of all labor was just 50 $. i was so happy about not spending more than 350 $ on this repair, that even gave the guy 30 $ tip.
    CAR no longer sounds like someone on a pogo stick following me around at every pit in the road.
    My old shocks that were on there went through 125 thousand miles and they were just nothing left in them... one was bleeding from the side and the other one from the top which i didnt even know about.
    So here is the lesson i learned, and would like to share it with you... DO NOT GO TO CADI dealers.
    In January my car stalled out of nowhere and it turned out to be a bad fuel pump... cadillac dealer charged me 550 $ for the the pump alone... if i knew then what i know now i would of saved at least three hundred dollars. when i was picking up shocks at GM dealer he quoted me price for the fuel pump of 294 dollars. it made me sick... made me want to buy it from GM and return the one from GM to the caddy dealer.

glad you got it done.....welcome to the "cadillac tax", if you dont watch your back you will find it around every corner

glad you got it done.....welcome to the "cadillac tax", if you dont watch your back you will find it around every corner
    LOL, how dare they?!?!?! its outragious that they are able to get away with such mark-ups...

yeah...it can get pretty pathetic if your not carefull....like when a code gets set and they charge you a "diagnostic" to press you warmer and auto buttons and read you what comes up on the display.

Unfortunatly its not a joke, and its not just the dealer you have to worry about...I have heard tire gus convince clients that because of Cadillacs design of FWD on a full size car it requires a special michelen tire to the tune of $400 each.

downright sucks; you cant really trust anyone on the other side of a counter

yeah...it can get pretty pathetic if your not carefull....like when a code gets set and they charge you a "diagnostic" to press you warmer and auto buttons and read you what comes up on the display.

Unfortunatly its not a joke, and its not just the dealer you have to worry about...I have heard tire gus convince clients that because of Cadillacs design of FWD on a full size car it requires a special michelen tire to the tune of $400 each.

downright sucks; you cant really trust anyone on the other side of a counter
    UMM>>>WOW<<< thats just insanity... thankfully my mechanic will not charge for a OBDII diagnostic, NEVER has he charged me for when hub and bearing went bad twice(one front one rear), and of course CAM sensors both upper and lower, but the ONLY time he charged me was when that FUEL PUMP went bad and it was only because he needed to call a guy to come in and do a different diagnostic what kind, i have no clue perhaps you do.

WOW i cant imagine paying 400 dollars a tire unless they are Z rated and were on a 09 corvette ZR1 or a VIPER... i purchased original michellens for 90 $ each at a wholesale club, the only thing is they make you purchase a 40$ package that includes instalation, balance and life time of tire rotation and balance from MONROE... After they broke my CENTER wheel cap (it went flying down the highway after i left the shop ) as well as two of my TPM's, never will i go back to them again... they arqued they did everything right and are not responsible as to what happens to either TPM or Center cap after the car leaves the shop, even after i wrote and called to headquarters no one ever returned back to me...

NOT only that we cant trust them, we cant even retaliate against them (with a molotov cocktail but not at the people just the shop)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.