Help 98 Sts Suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Help 98 Sts Suspension in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Have a 98 STS giving code in RSS C1738 I believe this means exhaust solenoid valve short to gnd. Where ...
    chris_birchall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy Help 98 Sts Suspension

Have a 98 STS giving code in RSS C1738 I believe this means exhaust solenoid valve short to gnd. Where is this valve and where can I get it I calles my dealer & they gave me a part no that everyone else says does not exist plus they want $225 for it !!!!! Any help appreciated, Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Help 98 Sts Suspension

Hi

Kit from Boston suspension $500.00
    problemssss solved all of them..... Priceless!!

TOM

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Help 98 Sts Suspension

Sounds like what you're looking for is p/n 12494810. That's the control valve for the rear suspension. It lists for $140.48. It sits on top of the suspension compressor by the right rear wheel.

chris_birchall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for that, I looked up that part on gmpartsdirect.com and it is the compressor head and they sell it for $96 !!!! but is that the right one as it says nothing about being an exhaust solenoid valve ?????

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I had this problem on the air compressor for my old 94 Concours. It turned out to be a short in the wiring. The dealer wanted $600 plus to install a new compressor. I bought one for around $300 and still had the error code!
    I took the car back to the dealer, and they fixed the short in the wiring.
    To answer your question, the exhaust valve is on the cylinder head of the compressor, it's what lets the air out of the shocks.
    I'd have the dealer check for a short before spending all that money on fixing the compressor or buying a new one! Don't make the mistake I did!

Firewireman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Caddy - Where was the short in the wiring? Where would this be located on a 99 STS? I'm having the same problem code, though I don't really have any problems to report for the actual operation of the vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.