Service ride control message on 2001 sts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Service ride control message on 2001 sts in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well, I found another STS that I am interested in purchasing, this time it is a 2001, BUT, The serice ...
    cervini auto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Service ride control message on 2001 sts

Well, I found another STS that I am interested in purchasing, this time it is a 2001, BUT, The serice ride control message is illuminated when I start the vehicle and I notice the car down lower in the back when it sits for a while but when I start it, the back raises almost to where it should be. Would this be that the rear shocks are bad and leaking or a sensor or something else that is causing this?? The vehicle only has 68,000 miles. Any help is appreciated. Rich.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

timothyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 FWB d'Elegance, 92 deVille, 93 Seville, 06 DTS

Re: Service ride control message on 2001 sts

back sitting low COULD be a leak in the air suspension, the service ride could be either the suspension needs to be replaced or was replaced with passive and not bypassed. I would see if you can get some maintenance history and pull the codes, if you can use this as a negotiating tactic to get it for cheap it might be worthwhile...show the owner what it would cost to have Cadillac replace the suspension

cervini auto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Thanks Tim. - Rich

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Pull the codes using the in-dash scanner, and that should give you all the information you need. Information about how to is at the top of the Seville/Eldo forums.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

When you start the car, after 8 - 10 seconds, you should hear the level ride compressor in the right rear come on for 3 - 5 seconds to prove out and level the car. If that happens, open the trunk and 2 of you sit on the trunk opening lip. The compressor should again come on and level the car. Now, both stand up - stick your ear down by the RR fenderwell - and you should hear air escape from the exhaust valve built into the system. The car will return to level. If it sags down within a week of sitting idle, there's a leak somewhere - shock boots, air lines, compressor/drier/valving, and that will set a fault code. As ryannel said, learn to pull your own codes.......it's all built in. You don't need an aftermarket scanner. Use the "search" feature up in the blue bar ^^^, select threads, and type in "level ride compressor". Hold onto your credit card: $400 part(s) and $200 labor, compressor only. Shocks and air lines = another $900 or so.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.