Suspension system code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Suspension system code in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I woke up this morning to take my kids to school and when I started driving it flashed something for ...
    Shyshy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Suspension system code

I woke up this morning to take my kids to school and when I started driving it flashed something for the suspension system and that the speed is now reduced to 90mph. I pulled the code and it said RSS C0579 Current. It also gave a few codes that said "history". I assume that history means past problems? Am I correct? If I'm not correct, here are those codes as well: RSS C0577, SDM B1001, U1016 and B1327. Please help. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cliff8928 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V - XLR

Re: Suspension system code

DTC C0579 Left Front Solenoid Circuit Open

Circuit Description

The LF damper actuator is controlled by the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module with a Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) signal. Battery voltage is modulated (switched on and off) at a high frequency (2.0 kHz), thus, controlling the amount of current delivered to the actuator. By controlling the amount of current to the actuator, the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module can then control the damping force in the damper. A higher level of damping force is achieved by providing correspondingly higher current levels, relating to higher percentages of PWM duty cycle.

The default damper state (no battery voltage) is one that provides a minimum damping force.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The Ignition is on.
    The fault is detected during three consecutive ignition cycles, or during the same ignition cycle after clearing the DTC with a scan tool.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The DTC is set when the Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module measures a feedback voltage between two preset values during two consecutive OFF-state damper diagnostic test procedures.

Thanks! How do I fix it? lol

OH! I don't know if this would cause the problem but, it was hella cold last night with a thick blanket of freezing fog.

Cliff8928 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V - XLR

To sum up what the service manual says, it's one of 3 things.

1) A faulty wiring connection

2) A faulty solenoid (strut would need to be replaced)

3) A faulty Electronic Suspension Control (ELC) module.

Unfortunately it requires a Tech2 to do an accurate diagnosis.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.