Cadillac Owners Forum banner

thumpy pedal feedback when braking at high speed while turning left

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mtflight 
#1 · (Edited)
At speeds below 50 or so, brakes feel fine, very smooth.

Above 50 if I am turning a curve going left and use the brakes I will feel pedal feedback denoting possible warpage or deposits.... try the same thing going right instead of left--smooth.

Another oddity:

when I put the car in reverse, and start to roll, and then apply brakes initially, I hear a hum as if I was missing break pads, from my rear passenger side. If I apply the brakes again it's gone (it only happens the first time I brake after going backwards--subsequently it's fine, unless I go forward some then reverse again).

Is there a DIC brake wear message on the Deville or only on the STS? (i.e.,"change brake pads")

So I was thinking of replacing rotors/pads.

In an effort to masculinize the car I want to get drilled rotors, painted calipers (White Diamond paint---red or silver calipers? ), and tinted windows. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
For longevity, low dust, and fewer rotor wear problems you might consider EBC slotted rotors (not drilled) and Redstuff pads. White Diamond ??? Shiny black calipers against the silver/black EBC rotors. Look at www.ebcbrakes.com and get to their list of domestic online resellers. You'll have to pick and choose the best price and also make sure the seller has both front and rear rotors...different numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.