List of suspension modifications for your Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, List of suspension modifications for your Cadillac in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Okay. Sorry. I hope I didn't mislead you right off the bat.. But.. I'd like this to be an easy-to-find ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

List of suspension modifications for your Cadillac

Okay. Sorry. I hope I didn't mislead you right off the bat.. But.. I'd like this to be an easy-to-find topic for people looking for anything they can do to improve the suspension on their Caddy. I'll be posting up information from here on the main web site.. So.. Who's going to be the first?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    well, i dont have anything done yet, but i got plans! hehe...
    KYB shocks, remove air shocks and cut off one front coil, larger sway bars, polly bushings(maybe), Power Stop drilled rotors and green stuff pads, and 17 or 18in wheels with some super glue like tires. Well i got big dreams.

ckucia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    It's cold in Ohio, so I haven't done any measuring, but I've been investigating the possibility of utilizing Koni's road-racing strut inserts on my '89 Allante.

P/N is 8610-1149 (around $180/each). Essentially, you cut the top off your stock strut casing, then you have to fabricate mounts and bushings to fit the Koni insert into your old strut casing.

They are three-way externally adjustable for rebound.

There are three 8611-series strut inserts, that are adjustable for both rebound and compression. A little more pricey though (around $240/each). (8611-1256, 8611-1257, 8611-1258)

Allante SDD (Speed Dependent Dampening) struts have been discontinued by GM for years. Our only choice is basically Monroe Sensatracs (or equivalent).

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    '95 Fleetwood
    Stock rear springs and shocks, lower the rear height sensor to minimum. Install lower front springs and Monroe-Matic shocks (spec'd for the Fleetwood). Then install limousine sway bars and bushings. Top it off with 17" wheels and rubber and you have a damn nice handling, smooth-riding Caddy.
    If you want it to ride like a truck, do the Impala SS/9C1 suspension mods, but if you want it to ride like a Cadillac, this is the way. I don't have the spring numbers on me now but CAN get them for anyone interested.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Where did you get that grille, kevin. Ive always toyed with the idea of trickin out my fleetwood, but i havent had the heart to change my baby!

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Truck Suspension up-grade

Since the Texas plant were the D-body car's were made was converted over to make trucks, I have decided to upgrade my 1996 Fleetwood suspension to ride like a truck!

Seriously, I have purchased and will install:
    1. Stock Impala SS springs
    2. Bilstein 1516/1517 (police) shocks
    3. HO B-Body front and rear swaybar
    4. BMR B-Body Rear Lower Control Arms

I will inform everyone of my opinion on how my ride is as soon as the parts are installed. Which I hope will be next weekend.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Wes,
    I did the grill myself and it was a lot of work. I cutout every other horizontal slat to make bigger openings (thought it gave it a more aggressive look). Then graphed a 2000 STS center emblem into it. I got the STS grill section from a bodyshop that just had a crushed STS. Thankfully, the center section of the grill survived
    From there it was a lot of fiberglass, putty, and sanding. Finish it off with some dark cherry metallic paint and clearcoat and there you have it.
    I really think it MAKES the car and was worth all the work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.