1993 Sts "service Ride Control"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 1993 Sts "service Ride Control" in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Bought this 1993 Seville STS last summer, after getting new tires the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message comes on. How do ...
    ravenman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

1993 Sts "service Ride Control"

Bought this 1993 Seville STS last summer, after getting new tires the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message comes on. How do I fix, what do I check....thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: 1993 Sts "service Ride Control"

Check the codes by turning the key on, then pressing and holding the OFF and warmer (red) buttons until all of the displays light up. It will then go into diagnostics mode and start showing you the codes. Have a pencil and paper ready to write down the codes. When you get to "PCM?" you can either press the OFF button once to have it repeat the codes again or you can simply turn the key off to exit diagnostics mode.

What you are looking for is any code in the format of "S###". The S is for Suspension. Post the codes up here and someone will help you. You can also look the codes up here: http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

Texaninmass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

I thought I would post back to this thread, as it was how I was able to get to the point that I am at know with this problem. I have the same issue, with the same year make and model car.

These are the codes that I am getting:
    S011-Left Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open
    S016-Right Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open
    S044-Lift or Dive signal fault
    S055-Resistor module short to ground
    S073-Right rear accelerometer fault

I will start searching the threads for the fault codes but, thought someone might have a 50,000 foot view of the over-all problem.

Thanks,
    Anthony

timothyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 FWB d'Elegance, 92 deVille, 93 Seville, 06 DTS

from the 50000 ft view...check the connections at the towers, I only say this based on the OP's statment of "after I got new tires"...If some moron disconnected them for some reason (thought he had to for alignment?!?) that will start the code throwing. Also keep in mind if we are talking original equipment on a 16 year old car it could just be parts wanting to be replaced...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.