any one know where i can get a level control valve
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, any one know where i can get a level control valve in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; iv looked in the junk yards around here i cant find nothting i was just wondering if any one knew ...
    Xmugsyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

any one know where i can get a level control valve

iv looked in the junk yards around here i cant find nothting i was just wondering if any one knew any where on line cuz i hate the dealer ship .. and i doid not see it on buy oem parts.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: any one know where i can get a level control valve

If you're looking for the valve that sits on top of the compressor, it's p/n 12494813. Good luck.

yeh it sits in the top of the compressor... thats the auto level valve right cuz it has the funky round thing on the side of it with the 2 black plastic lines that push the air in so it can tell if its got a load on it ???? im guessing ??

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It goes for about $143.00 from a dealer. Check around on the net for a discount.

i found it from buy oemparts.com it says Rear suspension - Ride control - Head
    HEAD, All Models 1992 - 1995 .. thats the level control valve ???

Caddymom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Arkansas (I-30 the land of orange barrels)

Hi, we just replaced this on my car. The compressor had stoped running and it set a code c1738 Exhaust solenoid valve short to ground. I found the entire compressor assembly at a local auto salvage for $100. We decided to get just the head assembly for the compressor our GM dealership because it had a 12 month warranty (just what you didn't want to do, sorry). We talked our dealer down from $150 to $106.

Good luck,
    Caddymom

so the level control valve is in the head i will replace the hole head if i have to cuz i know the compressor is good cuz it kicks on here and there and some times i get the coad level control valve short to ground open .. i just need to know def befor i go spending 120 on the compressor head that that is where the level control valve is

Caddymom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Arkansas (I-30 the land of orange barrels)

The exhaust valve IS in the head assembly...we took the whole thing apart.

Just to make sure that the valve was bad we checked the two white wires that run from the head assembly (solenoid exhaust valve) for voltage. The circut was staying open.The mechanic we talked to said that would signal the cvrss to shut down before the pump ran so much that it burned out.
    Once a code is set the compressor will not come on until it can complete a closed circut.
    We did one other thing we did to make sure that it was the exhaust valve that was malfunctioning. After the compressor assembly was removed from the car (with the air hoses attached)...we direct wired it to the battery. The compressor ran just fine. After a few seconds to lift the suspension we stopped and hooked the electrical wires back up to the car. As long as the car's ignition was off, air stayed in the bags. As soon as the car's ignition was turned on the air was released. We knew that the cvrss was still recieving the signal that the slenoid exhaust valve was staying open.

Thanks,

Caddymom

thanks bro i just ordered the head when it gets here i will let ya know how iot all turns out

Nicnatros is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac STS

Who did you order a head from and how much was it? From this thread, it looks like I will be needing one also.

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicnatros
    Who did you order a head from and how much was it? From this thread, it looks like I will be needing one also.
    I ordered used compressor on-line and it was really cheap ($51 including shipping). The guy says he checked compressor and it's ok, but he can't check the valve. When it came I check the valve and it was Ok. I replaced old compressor myself, it wasn't very hard. Now it's fine. So, whole thing was $51 to me. And it's easier to change compressor than compressor head.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.