Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: My rear-end is creaking still, no the car's!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My rear-end is creaking still, no the car's!

After I discovered rear grease nipples, I thought the creaking was gone for good! Now it is back with a vengence. It is louder and only happens at slower speeds when you are comming to a stop or accellerating from a light. My dad and I crawled under and siliconed every rubber bushing we could find and now it is worse, could it be a coil spring, which we wd-40'd also near the ends. It is wierd because we bounce the bumper and it doesn't always make the sound.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

My buddy had a similar problem when he installed aftermarket swaybars on his car. He didn't grease a poly bushing enough and it creaked a lot. But if it's all greased well it should be alright. What do you mean WD-40'd the springs??? Are the rubber doughnut things still in place between the spring and the perch? If they are, are they worn through anywhere? Maybe you have a spring rubbing against the body and when large force is applyed to it, like starting and stoping, it's causing the spring to shift a bit and make the creaking sound.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    We 40'd the top and bottom where the coil would meet the car frame, and I didn't notice any rubber. But anyway I went to Midas today and they re-greased the rear and it seems ok, but it did last time I did it also. I'll assume it is cured, but time will tell.