How to remove EBCM module on 02 Deville?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, How to remove EBCM module on 02 Deville? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 02 Deville which was diagnosed at dealer as having a bad EBCM module. They want to charge ...
    walkbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Red face How to remove EBCM module on 02 Deville?

I have a 02 Deville which was diagnosed at dealer as having a bad EBCM module. They want to charge over $1600.00 for repairs. I was wondering how hard of a job would this be for a DIY job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Re: How to remove EBCM module on 02 Deville?

Before you throw any parts at the situation, tell us what trouble codes are set that leads the dealer to a failed module diagnosis. Look here for codes display http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-warning.html

Have you had any cooling system problems/repairs in the recent past?

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Before you throw any parts at the situation, tell us what trouble codes are set that leads the dealer to a failed module diagnosis. Look here for codes display http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-warning.html

Have you had any cooling system problems/repairs in the recent past?
    I like that.

On top of the coolant leaks the terminals can fail.

Here is the trouble code that I pulled.
    "C1243 - BPMV Pump Motor Stalled"

No I have not had any cooling problems or repairs. The problem first started about a month ago. I would get an ASB and T/C light and service sability system message when i first start the car. I would then shut the car off and restart it and the lights would go off. It would do this whenever it would sit for more than 2 days. Finally it got to the point where it would stay on and not go out. So I took it the dealer and they said that EBCM needed to be replaced.
    Thanks for responding so quickly.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

I would get under there and do a carefull inspection of the wire harness and connectors at the module. Disconnect the connector and look for dampness, corrosion, or misaligned pins. Spray the connector pins and sockets with contact cleaner.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

TheoTV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS

Is this the same for an o2 STS? How do I get at it? Where is it? I have same issue. After hard left all three lights came on, when out for a few days cam back on and stayed on. I have no ABS, TRaction Control and I assume elec stabilty system not working as well. However car drives OK, rides OK.

Any insight as to how to fix welcome. Been told via scan EBCM $960 dealer part has bad relay. Anyway around this?
    TTV

TheoTV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS

Is this the same for an o2 STS? How do I get at it? Where is it? I have same issue. After hard left all three lights came on, when out for a few days cam back on and stayed on. I have no ABS, TRaction Control and I assume elec stabilty system not working as well. However car drives OK, rides OK.

Any insight as to how to fix welcome. Been told via scan EBCM $960 dealer part has bad relay. Anyway around this?
    TTV

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.