need help with s038 code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, need help with s038 code in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; well i looked it up and its is saying electronic level control exhaust valve short to ground open what colud ...
    Xmugsyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

need help with s038 code

well i looked it up and its is saying electronic level control exhaust valve short to ground open what colud it be or where is the valve ??? 94eldorado

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: need help with s038 code

no one can help me out ???

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You didn't tell us the year of your car, but I'm going to take a guess on your problem. When you have a full load in your car, the level sensor tells the air compressor to pump up the shocks to keep the car level. When the car is emptied out, the level jumps up, so now the exhaust valve located on the pump releases the excess air pressure to bring the level back down. It sounds like there's something wrong with either the wiring or the valve itself. I don't know where the compresor is on your car, but it's usually underneath, around the rear suspension. The valve is part of the pump assembly.

yeh its a 94 eldorado i see where the compressor is its in back of the passenger back seat under the car .. do you know if i can buy just the valve or i have to buy the hole thing ?

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's available seperately, but it's not cheap. $142.59

i got to get under the car today i cleaned the clips for it and its working fine now thank god

ok its was not just a bad conectoin its still doing it .. just wanted to know if any one knows where the wires clip in to it i realy couldent get a good look at it it cuz its kinda studffed up in there i just wanna make sure its not a bad wire before i go and buy the valve .. and can i get the valve aftermarked in a auto parts store or is it a gmdealer part only ??

ok i took the compressor apart and there was all sorts of funky stuff in it.. but my sting is the level controle valve is the in the top of the compressor where those wires go in right ??

eric007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado Convertible

Hi xmugs,

I just bought a 95 Eldorado and I'm getting the same code. Did you have any luck fixing the problem with the exhaust valve? TIA for any info you may have learned, if I figure this out I'll reply here.

E

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ok, guys.
    The exhaust valve is on a top of air compressor.
    You can check the circuit with a tester: it should have conductivity between C and A. The best thing is to use a trouble tree in a manual. When you got under the car disconnect connector and use a small lamp (not a tester) to check voltage between C and A on a one side and then, if voltage is ok use a tester to check conductivity on a other side, which goes to the compressor. Before doing this use RSS for output S07. In that mode RSS will output HI voltage for couple second, then LO voltage. So, lamp will flash.

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Yes, I fixed that. I bought air compressor on line pretty cheap used for $51 with shipping include. I changed it, and now it's fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.