Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  oldgamer 
#1 ·
well i looked it up and its is saying electronic level control exhaust valve short to ground open what colud it be or where is the valve ??? 94eldorado

#3 ·
You didn't tell us the year of your car, but I'm going to take a guess on your problem. When you have a full load in your car, the level sensor tells the air compressor to pump up the shocks to keep the car level. When the car is emptied out, the level jumps up, so now the exhaust valve located on the pump releases the excess air pressure to bring the level back down. It sounds like there's something wrong with either the wiring or the valve itself. I don't know where the compresor is on your car, but it's usually underneath, around the rear suspension. The valve is part of the pump assembly.

#7 ·
ok its was not just a bad conectoin its still doing it .. just wanted to know if any one knows where the wires clip in to it i realy couldent get a good look at it it cuz its kinda studffed up in there i just wanna make sure its not a bad wire before i go and buy the valve .. and can i get the valve aftermarked in a auto parts store or is it a gmdealer part only ??

#10 ·
Ok, guys.
The exhaust valve is on a top of air compressor.
You can check the circuit with a tester: it should have conductivity between C and A. The best thing is to use a trouble tree in a manual. When you got under the car disconnect connector and use a small lamp (not a tester) to check voltage between C and A on a one side and then, if voltage is ok use a tester to check conductivity on a other side, which goes to the compressor. Before doing this use RSS for output S07. In that mode RSS will output HI voltage for couple second, then LO voltage. So, lamp will flash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.