rear suspension knuckle bushings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, rear suspension knuckle bushings in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 98 deville that needs rear suspension knuckle ( both) . I am being told that I have ...
    farmboy21257 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

rear suspension knuckle bushings

I have a 98 deville that needs rear suspension knuckle ( both) . I am being told that I have to buy the complete units at about $1000 a crack, just to replace the bushings. Has anyone ever found bushings that would fit, aftermarket, from different makes of cars ect. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brmurph is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Concours

Re: rear suspension knuckle bushings

I bought one for my drivers side a few months back from gmotors.com for about $400.00 and put it in myself. The install was not difficult but be prepared for some tight bolts (I had to use a large cheater bar :-).

Good luck.

hystat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): please delete this account

Made mine - cost me $80 including shipping of the polyurethane to make 2 uppers and 2 lowers.... I've gone about 3,000 miles on them.... seem to be working fine, but maybe someday the whole rear end of the car will break off...haha

cadillac_tech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

I applaud your ingenuity. I hope they last and since they are so expensive and might be discontinued someday soon, you might be onto something good.
    How did this project procede? What did you put together?

movefish is offline Cadillac Owners Member

can we get some more info on this project...i need to do this asap .$2.000 to get this done at the dealer .help please as i can turn some wrenchs....

dantzler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville

I think I need the same problem, cause my rear passenger side is squeaking really bad. I when to a repair shop and they said it was my knuckle bushings that was causing it. I can't seem to find bushings anywhere beside the dealer which cost way too much. Does yours squeak when you push down on the car cause mines do and its annoying, I have to turn to the music up the drown it out. Let me know if you find anything or fix it.

Any good ideas yet? I can't stand this squeaking noise. I'll keep checking everyday and posting something so this thread can stay up. Thanks yall.

movefish is offline Cadillac Owners Member

im checking everyday also...help ...thanks marc

Tommy Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

O man I have the same prolbem, it squeaks so bad when its hot out, once the temp drops below 80 no squeak.
    Im not sure what it is. my bushings look worn all dry & cracked

Whatz up yall, I was wondering if anyone carries a universal bushing that fits other cars as well as the deville? I know we have some mechanics on this site to help us out because we're really hurting right now, lol. I have other upgrades that need to start but this squeaking noise has to be fixed first. I went to different junk yards and they didn't carry the bushings either. I will check out different out of state junkyards today. Good luck to all of us.

Still haven't found the bushings anywhere. I think I will take it to the dealership and see what they say. It'll probably cost me a 1/2 of pint of blood if you know what I mean

Help me, somebody-anybody............

slava is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same problem a month or 2 ago on my 1997 Deville and I found used replacement knuckles at 9 Auto, it's a scrap yard in Toronto, Canada. I got both driver and passenger rears from them in decent condition for $200 each side. Here's there website http://www.number9auto.com/

Make sure to inspect anything you order from a scrapyard, keep in mind it's scrap. I found some knuckles from another junk yard, ordered them but they were in really rough shape so I had to send them back and get a refund.

Or maybe you can sweet talk HyStat into building you some

Anyway, hope 9 Auto can hook you up.

Good luck

oshguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1950 Series 62 Coupe, 1966 Eldorado, 2012 CTS4

The right rear of my '99 DeVille Concours started squeaking really bad several months ago. I took it to the Cadillac dealer and was told that the entire knuckle assembly needed replaced at some outrageous price. I paid the $80 diagnosis fee and took the car home. With the rear up on jack stands, I got under it and assessed the situation, and decided to try a home remedy first to quiet the racket, so I injected liquid silicone into each rubber bushing with a 22ga needle. The squeak went away instantly and has not returned in over 6 months. I don't know how long this will last, but hopefully I can keep the thing noise-free for another few months before I finally have to spring for a new knuckle (or a new car).

btw... the car drives and handles just like it always did, so apparently the assembly was OK except for the horrible noise it made.

Sinij kot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by hystat View Post
    Made mine - cost me $80 including shipping of the polyurethane to make 2 uppers and 2 lowers.... I've gone about 3,000 miles on them.... seem to be working fine, but maybe someday the whole rear end of the car will break off...haha

hystat I like your idea but I am thinking about finding an off-the-shelf bushing. When you removed the original bushing was the cavity oval inside or was it bored straight through?

Anybody have a pair of used knuckles for a 99 Deville with bad bushings but good bearings? I might want to get some to play with.

Thanks.

jrsenn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hystat, Can you give me more info on where you bought your polyurthane material and the tools you used to fabricate the bushings. After seeing the photo it appears you might have split the bushing and installed the bushing from each end of the knuckle. I just disassembled the passenger side knuckle today. My 93 Eldorado has 227,000 mile on it. Other than the rear of the car wondering around it is still in great shape. Any help would be appreciated.
    jrsenn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.