rear suspension knuckle bushings - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, rear suspension knuckle bushings in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thanks a lot for the pictures N*Caddy. I'm having this done at the Caddy dealership this week and this will ...
    Skiller. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: rear suspension knuckle bushings

Thanks a lot for the pictures N*Caddy. I'm having this done at the Caddy dealership this week and this will give them an idea what exactly has to be done.

Jakester55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

LSAPLLC Now has Heavy Duty Rear Knuckle Bushing Replacements for 1994-1999 Cadillac COMMERCIAL CHASSIS
    WITH STARTING VIN# of 1GEEH

Manufactured to SAE & ISO-9001 Quality Standards

Warranty and Installation Instructions included

Thanks Rizzo ! All I will say is that Petseno was sniffing around wanting pricing and what fits what !! AFTER we was supplying GM Dealers & Repair Shop Chains !

We dont like squeaks ! and grease on bushings ! Our Design eliminated the GM flaws..... with REAL Automotive product built to SAE Standards... and saves money in not buying gm's fix!

We rest our case on Good Premium Product and Fine Customer Service !

And yes he did copy LSAPLLC and started the badmouthing on our advertisements! LSAPLLC has had him removed by this forum administrator and also other sites. I speak only the truth !

LSAPLLC

NEW !!!! rear suspension knuckle bushings

LSAPLLC has HD Rear Knuckle Bushing Replacements
    for
    1994-1999 Cadillac COMMERCIAL CHASSIS
    WITH STARTING VIN# of 1GEEH

Manufactured to SAE & ISO-9001 Quality Standards

Warranty and Installation Instructions included !

See us at : www.lsapllc.com

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    I am half a year later with absolutely no issue, so far so good.
    Havent checked back here in a while... but i was waiting for this post Ill give these a shot as soon as my front end is done.

Did you find the source of noise in the rear? As of now mine as a low pitch rattle in the rear on bumpy roads and crossing tracks. I also notice the left/right drift at highway speed and especialy on bumpy back roads it drifts too. Looks like LL is the solution? If yours have lasted 6 months..... well, how many miles? I put a LOT of miles on this car....

And thanks for those pictures. Ill be using a big clamp, or clamp and socket maybe, with a cordless mastercraft impact

Edit: Has anyone tried the Dorman ones from Napa? I just ordered tie rods and a sway bar link and have a Napa 4 blocks from my house... and they are cheaper...

I have the Dorman bushings in mine right now. All good here! Just to let you know, I was also trying to get rid of the left/right drift. Replacing the knuckle bushings improved it, but didn't eliminate it totally. I was told to look at my sway bar bushings also. Be sure to do that or check them while you do the knuckle bushings.

im on the phone with napa right now... hes having trouble finding the part. i have the part# from your other post. anything else i need?

also did you do a rear alignment? i guess ill be doing it anyway as im doing front today and its only $10 more to do the rear at the same time.

edit: well that sucks its a US thing NAPA canada doesnt have em....

edit2: i found em on NAPA site... NCP 2749363 and 2749364 they are $63 and $62 each and i'd have to buy 4... so not today

Yes, you need a rear alignment...Buy them from RockAuto.com. I got all 4 bushings for $90 shipping included.

yep i see em, cool thanks, funny thing is i had the rockauto page open still from yesterday and im staring at the part LOL. So much for getting a cheap allignment. Oh well, guess i do it twice (front + rear).

About the sway bar:

I remember some cars with bad sway bars/bushings, they jerked left and right back and forth. Mine doesnt do that. It kinda drifts left or right and i have to correct position. Some roads around here (80km/h zones) have rough spots and when i hit em the car actualy does a slow hop or quick drift to the left or right and needs to be corrected, but it doesnt jerk left and back or right and back.

actualy just remembered: i replaced a rear sway bar ling a few weeks ago that was snapped in half....

The links have nothing to do with the sway bar bushings. The bushings are what connect the sway bars to the frame. What you're describing sounds like the same thing my car does. Do the knuckle bushings first, have an alignment, and see if it's gone. If not, move on to the sway bar bushings. You won't need an alignment after replacing those.

dvo816 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 STS (Z-Rated & studded)

Are these knuckle bushings also for 99 Seville STS? Didnt see it on the application 'chart' so i figured id ask.

For your '99, you will have to use the MOOG bushings ($25 each = $100 + shipping) because your suspension is different (FE7). There is an upper and a lower listed (RockAuto), so be sure to get 2 of each.

ugh.... more trouble. NAPA had other bushings at $250 for a full set... decided to wait it out and went to the dealer.

Phone: "$80 for front alignment, $100 for 4 wheel. So for extra 20 you get all 4 done instead of coming back"

me: well i cant do the back til i change those bushings, you will never get them aligned"

dealer: ok well we can do the fronts

so i get there, car is there almost an hour and they tell me they CANNOT do the front cause the back is out and they need to reference the back..... when i changed my tie rod ends i counted threads and put new ones on the same but still have a bad squeel when turning left, so i made an "un"-educated guess and tightened the drivers side 2 turns... my front right tire is now almost bald. Went from 80%+ tread to 20% tread in about 200km. fun.

Dealer has Dorman bushings. That surprised me, but this dealer is no longer in the GM loop. Still, i didnt expect them to be selling the bushings, im gona call the other dealer in the next town, they are still in with GM, and see if they also sell the bushings.

Oh, its $156 for the set. Bit more that rockauto but ill save shipping and border charges.

That's double the price of RockAuto :/

nekobarnes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Deville

$96.50 for both sides, these are the cheapest i could find.

httx://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-99-Cadillac-Deville-Rear-Knuckle-Bushings-NEW-4_W0QQitemZ130382908008QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5b6d4a68

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.