rear suspension knuckle bushings - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, rear suspension knuckle bushings in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by petseno i got mine from cadillac bushings dot com and they are great and easy to install ...
    Jakester55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: rear suspension knuckle bushings

Quote Originally Posted by petseno View Post
    i got mine from cadillac bushings dot com and they are great and easy to install and mike is the guy you need to speak with back on the rode no more swaying in the wind thanks mike
    Hello we have the Cadillac rear knuckle bushing replacement ! They are Automotive Grade OE Parts ... don't accept less !! Get a complete set for you car a lot less then paying for the whole knuckle like GM wants. $129.00 +Shipping does one (1) side upper and lower, $199.00 +shipping does both sides upper and lower. Or buy just the Upper Bushings for $ 99.00 +shipping !

Just check out:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlsapllc

or call us at 810-441-7215 and ask for Sales!

Last Shot Auto Parts LLC

petseno is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: rear suspension knuckle bushings

I bought a set of his bushings and found the top bushing is solid rubber core that has no flex and the bottom bushing has ALOT of flex and it has plastic boots seamed together very cheap i don't see these lasting very long specially in the north in winter the plastic boots on the lower ones will crack and break so don't wast your money on these bushings
    the bottom one does not look like the one he shows it does not have a rubber boot (they are see thru plastic not black rubber you see in his adds

Mike

I bought a set of his bushings and found the top bushing is solid rubber core that has no flex and the bottom bushing has ALOT of flex and it has plastic boots seamed together very cheap i don't see these lasting very long specially in the north in winter the plastic boots on the lower ones will crack and break so don't wast your money on these bushings
    the bottom one does not look like the one he shows it does not have a rubber boot (they are see thru plastic not black rubber you see in his adds

Mike
    TO MY CUSTOMERS AND POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS :
    AND Mike ...first these bushings have lasted 10 and 20 years in existing high quality expensive cars. The top needs no flex as the bronze washers allow for axial rotation. They are made from the same material as rod bearings and will last the lifetime of the car..... NO SQUEAKS LIKE YOURS DO!!!! The inner core of vulcanized rubber allows the same degree of flex and provides even greater control due to the complete bore being used and is BETTER than the original ride by cadillac!! THEY HAVE BEEN TESTED IN THE ARTIC, FAR COLDER THAN YOUR MODERATE CLIMATE YOU LIVE IN!!!

The lower bushings are used by 2 WORLD CLASS car manufacturers and will exceed your product again , considering YOU ARE NOT AN ENGINEER, NOR DO YOU KNOW THE DYNAMICS OF THE ASSEMBLY YOU SO POORLY TRIED TO EXPLAIN!

AND WHERE IS YOUR 1 YR WARRANTY??? A PATENT??????

AND WHEN I SEE PARTS LIKE YOURS FOR $7.00 DOLLARS EACH WHERE DO YOU COME FROM CHARGING SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE ???

WE TESTED YOUR DESIGN OUT BEFORE YOU WERE EVEN SELLING IT!! WE DETERMINED THAT YOUR TYPE OF PRODUCT WAS UNACCEPTABLE AND PROCEEDED WITH OUR DESIGN WHICH ALSO EXCEEDS WALTONS MFG PRODUCT !! OUR PATENTED DESIGN TAKES AWAY THE FLEX ISSUE AND THE SQUEAKING ISSUE, AND THE SPLITTING IN THE EXTREME COLD ISSUE !!!

YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL BECOME MY CUSTOMERS AFTER THEY LEARN THE HARD WAY THAT EXCESS HEAT AND COLD ON YOUR PRODUCT WILL SEND THEM TO ME WHEN THEY FAIL !! DONT BELIEVE ME... WAIT AND SEE!!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester55 View Post
    Hello we have the Cadillac rear knuckle bushing replacement ! They are Automotive Grade OE Parts ... don't accept less !! Get a complete set for you car a lot less then paying for the whole knuckle like GM wants. $129.00 +Shipping does one (1) side upper and lower, $199.00 +shipping does both sides upper and lower. Or buy just the Upper Bushings for $ 99.00 +shipping !

Just check out:

WWW.LSAPLLC.COM

or call us at 810-441-7215 and ask for Sales!

Last Shot Auto Parts LLC
    Check us out on www.lsapllc.com

i got mine from cadillac bushings dot com and they are squeaky and have to grease them to install and mike is the guy you need to speak with back on the rode no more swaying in the wind thanks mike
    i see parts like yours for $7.00 dollars each where do you come from charging so much for so little ???

dantzler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville

Problem Fixed: Long time ago, I post a rear suspension problem here. I've come to tell everyone that it's fixed by powered water. I went to Autozone and purchased some Purple Power to spray inside my rims. I got to the car wash, started spraying the stuff and though about spraying the suspension down. Sprayed it down, let it sit and started spraying on high pressure just to see what will happen. The next morning, I pressed down hard on the trunk to see what the results were. YES, The noise was gone. It must have been some dirt or something stuck under there and I knocked it loose with the water hose. Five dollars sounds way better than two thousand, lol. GOOD LUCK to all!!!!!!

AKA_Rizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 ElDorado

I'd like to say I got my bushings from Jay at Last shot.

Great guy...

Ok now I am trying to remove the upper bushing/control arm/knuckle bolt.

An 18mm fits the nut and a 14mm-9/16 fits the bolt...but only barely. I may file that down some to get a more secure fit.

My question is in regards to the bolt. How the F-bomb does that thing come out ? Is it threaded and needs to be turned out or do I hammer it like the ball joint stud on my Ford ?

Ok I hammered a 9/16 on the bolt. Turned it out fine.

I used a BJ press and a 3/8 extension. I ran the entension towards the front and used the BJ press against the ratchet end. I pressed it thru that way. The small part remaining on the rear side, I used a 1/2 extension and a 3/4 socket to bang that out.

Hope that helps the next guy.

Having a little trouble getting this out. I understand we are going against GM's plan and I didnt expect this to be easy.

Any idea's ? ..... All that is supposed to come out right ? I mean the new one fits the bore...Barely...

Drivers side. Rear knuckle. Rear facing side.

Drivers side. Rear knuckle Forward facing.

Are the Last shot bushing an Injector and bushing scenario ?

The rubber bushing will fit...The silver casing will not.

I called him..... Voicemail......

Dan78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Eldorado

It looks like you have only managed to get the middle portion of the bushing out, there is still a metal sleeve inside the knuckle. Your are going to need to remove the entire knuckle assembly to get it all out. Take the knuckle out and load it up with penetrating oil and let it soak. The bushings only come out one way, find a socket that fits inside, clamp it in a vise and hammer it out. They are stubborn but they do come out, what you drive out of the knuckle should resemble the replacement part.

Quote Originally Posted by brmurph View Post
    I bought one for my drivers side a few months back from gmotors.com for about $400.00 and put it in myself. The install was not difficult but be prepared for some tight bolts (I had to use a large cheater bar :-).

Good luck.
    CHECK OUT THE NEW REPLACEMENT BUSHINGS AVAILABLE NOW !!!!!

MARCH MADNESS SALE
    GET THEM NOW FOR $199.00 & SHIPPING

Last Shot Auto Parts, LLC We are the LEADER in REPLACEMENT Cadillac Rear Knuckle Bushings for your car !!
    They fit All Models from 1993 to 1999, and Eldorado to 2002. The Suggested Retail Price for these Cadillac Suspension Bushings is $249.00 & Shipping,and provides both Cadillac UPPER Bushings and Cadillac Lower Bushings in the Set, requiring only 1 set per Vehicle. The Bushings will enhance the ride and control and will return the car back to the Quiet, and Smooth Original Ride.
    The Bushings carry a 1 Yr Limited Warranty and are Real Automotive Quality Products, Designed & Engineered Specifically to remove design failure and flaws inherent in the GM parts, and exceed the OE performance requirements for your Car !! We sell Worldwide, and provide Installation Support necessary for a Super easy Install with Instructions that are included.

You Won't Damage The Bushing Or spindle Installing these Cadillac Bushings! We Quality check the OD on our bushings and refinish the surface to closely held tolerances to insure ease of insertion, while providing a STRONG, reliable, and safe product!!
    (Also we can Part Number the Product as well, as we sell more than just this part and application !!! )

For the do it yourselfer or the pro with minimal tools. We have your bushings in stock !!

Beware of Molded Plastic (Polyurethane): It squeaks going down the road ! DON'T BE MISLED !! They OFFER installation on your knuckles because certified Mechanics WON'T install them ?!! And they GREASE them so they won't squeak AT FIRST for a short while!! When the lube is gone listen to the wonderful Squeaky Cadillac !!?!! And then you can end up with this issue:

"I have a 1997 deville d'elegance. I repaired the rear knuckles......................... and used POLYURETHANE performance
    bushings for the top. However after ~2500 miles, I am feeling "bumpsteer" from the rear, and I have suspect worn out upper bushings. Do you sell the uppers only as a set of 2? I would buy them from Ebay."
    Thanks in advance,
    John , VT

We set the standard AS the FIRST Cadillac Replacement Bushings on the market! We have PAT PENDING on our products for a reason!! All the rest are cheap imitations so why would you want to pay twice ??

Customer responses: see our "feedback" section from customers)

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have these bushings available. I had them installed and what a difference in the handling and ride on my Deville. Your excellent customer service, and going the extra mile is refreshing in todays business world.
    Thank you!"
    DAVE , Iowa

Hello, I just wanted to say how grateful I am to your company... as those lovely folks over at Caddie don't carry them as a replacement part…… Your help when I needed it via phone was immediate and accurate. You set the bar for outstanding customer service. These are tough times and most of us are tightening our spending…….I will recommend your product to any and all caddie owners with the same very common problem.
    Thanks again,
    Mike , IL

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
    I'd like to say I got my bushings from Jay at Last shot.

Great guy...

Ok now I am trying to remove the upper bushing/control arm/knuckle bolt.

An 18mm fits the nut and a 14mm-9/16 fits the bolt...but only barely. I may file that down some to get a more secure fit.

My question is in regards to the bolt. How the F-bomb does that thing come out ? Is it threaded and needs to be turned out or do I hammer it like the ball joint stud on my Ford ?
    Hi Guy.... definitely you need tools & equipment and the help here... sorry but on the road this weekend and if I'm on the cell I can't do internet.....and versa visa...

So wanted you to know I seen the pictures OK?

Jay

I bought a set of his bushings and found the top bushing is solid rubber core (YES !! PROVIDES DAMPENING FOR HARD HITS AND SHOCKS FROM ROAD CONDITIONS)that has no flex and the bottom bushing has ALOT of flex ( IT IS AN ARTICULATED BUSHING - SAME AS USED BY JAGUAR AND MERCEDES AND NECESSARY TO HAVE "EXCELLENT ROAD HANDLING" )and it has plastic boots (PROTECTION FOR GREASED JOINT) seamed together(LIE) very cheap i don't see these lasting very long specially in the north in winter the plastic boots on the lower ones will crack and break so don't wast your money on these bushings

Mike
    MIKE/PETSENO !! YOU ARE AN IDIOT! PETSENO SAYS AND MIKE IS PETSENO!! YOU REALLY NEED HELP MY FRIEND !!! THE BOOT IS HIGH GRADE RUBBER LIKE ON BALL JOINTS TO PROTECT FROM MOISTURE AND DIRT ! AS THESE DO NOT MOVE HARDLY AT ALL THEY WILL LAST FAR LONGER THAN THEIR EQUIVALENT BALL JOINT COUNTERPART !! MAN YOU ARE DUMBER THAN A BRICK!!

I HAVE WARNED YOU THAT I AM TRACKING DOWN ALL YOUR MALICIOUS AND MALIGNING GARBAGE !! YOU REALLY NEED TO CONCENTRATE ON YOUR RETURNS AND THE 25% RESTOCKING FEE YOU ARE JERKING PEOPLE AROUND WITH !!
    CHECK OUT THE NEW REPLACEMENT BUSHINGS AVAILABLE NOW !!!!!

MARCH MADNESS SALE

Last Shot Auto Parts, LLC We are the LEADER in REPLACEMENT Cadillac Rear Knuckle Bushings for your car !!
    They fit All Models from 1993 to 1999, and Eldorado to 2002. The Suggested Retail Price for these Cadillac Suspension Bushings is $249.00 & Shipping,and provides both Cadillac UPPER Bushings and Cadillac Lower Bushings in the Set, requiring only 1 set per Vehicle. The Bushings will enhance the ride and control and will return the car back to the Quiet, and Smooth Original Ride.
    The Bushings carry a 1 Yr Limited Warranty and are Real Automotive Quality Products, Designed & Engineered Specifically to remove design failure and flaws inherent in the GM parts, and exceed the OE performance requirements for your Car !! We sell Worldwide, and provide Installation Support necessary for a Super easy Install with Instructions that are included.

You Won't Damage The Bushing Or spindle Installing these Cadillac Bushings! We Quality check the OD on our bushings and refinish the surface to closely held tolerances to insure ease of insertion, while providing a STRONG, reliable, and safe product!!
    (Also we can Part Number the Product as well, as we sell more than just this part and application !!! )

For the do it yourselfer or the pro with minimal tools. We have your bushings in stock !!

Beware of Molded Plastic (Polyurethane): It squeaks going down the road ! DON'T BE MISLED !! They OFFER installation on your knuckles because certified Mechanics WON'T install them ?!! And they GREASE them so they won't squeak AT FIRST for a short while!! When the lube is gone listen to the wonderful Squeaky Cadillac !!?!! And then you can end up with this issue:

"I have a 1997 deville d'elegance. I repaired the rear knuckles......................... and used POLYURETHANE performance
    bushings for the top. However after ~2500 miles, I am feeling "bumpsteer" from the rear, and I have suspect worn out upper bushings. Do you sell the uppers only as a set of 2? I would buy them from Ebay."
    Thanks in advance,
    John , VT

We set the standard AS the FIRST Cadillac Replacement Bushings on the market! We have PAT PENDING on our products for a reason!! All the rest are cheap imitations so why would you want to pay twice ??

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have these bushings available. I had them installed and what a difference in the handling and ride on my Deville. Your excellent customer service, and going the extra mile is refreshing in todays business world.
    Thank you!"
    DAVE , Iowa

Hello, I just wanted to say how grateful I am to your company... as those lovely folks over at Caddie don't carry them as a replacement part…… Your help when I needed it via phone was immediate and accurate. You set the bar for outstanding customer service. These are tough times and most of us are tightening our spending…….I will recommend your product to any and all caddie owners with the same very common problem.
    Thanks again,
    Mike , IL

cadillacbushings . com has some very inexpensive replacement bushings for you
    PETSENO / MIKE YOUR PRODUCT CANT BE ALL THAT GREAT WITH A 25% RESTOCKING FEE ????? MAKING MONEY OFF PEOPLE WITH PRODUCT THAT DON'T WORK???? SOUNDS LIKE A REAL DEAL

I REALLY WONDER IF YOU NEED HELP DETERMINING IF YOU ARE PETSENO OR MIKE OR OR OR

JUST COME HERE FOLKS AND GET YOURSELVES REAL OE GRADE BUSHINGS FOR YOUR CADIILACS!!

MARCH MADNESS SALE

Thanks in advance,
    John , VT

Thank you!"
    DAVE , Iowa

Thanks again,
    Mike , IL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.