Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Gracenote Update ISO Download

17K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  ScottL78 
#1 · (Edited)
1. Click on the link to sign up for a SugarSync account: SugarSync Account Signup

2. Once signed up for an account click link to begin download: Gracenote Download

3. Burn ISO to DVD

4. Start your CTS and insert DVD (Update takes about 10 minutes)

Enjoy

#3 · (Edited)
Yes, it will work with your '08 with Nav.
The following is a copy/paste from your 2008 CTS Nav System manual, page 3-33:

Gracenote Database
When a CDDA is recorded from a CD to the HDD, the music information (Album name, Artist name, Song name and Genre) is retrieved from the Gracenote database, stored in the radio. The database information uses the information of Gracenote Music Recognition Service. See “Radio(s)” in the owner manual for more information on the Gracenote Database.
Gracenote Music Recognition Service, Music recognition technology, and related data are provided by Gracenote®. Gracenote is the industry standard in music recognition technology and related content delivery. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.

Updating the Gracenote Database
1. Turn the ignition on.
2. Press the power knob to turn the system on.
3. Insert the update disc partway into the slot, label side up. The player pulls it in.
4. Update Confirmation screen displays along with the version information. Press the Update screen button.
5. The system will reboot and start updating the database. A progress bar of the update displays.
6. The disc automatically ejects after the update is completed. The system will reboot.

The download link provided in post #1 provides the means to update your Gracenote database (which resides on your Nav Radio's HDD) to the latest version currently available (i.e. 2011 /ver. 2010.0001 /rev 2548). The update is usable for /applicable to all 2nd gen CTS's equipped with the Nav Radio system (rpo UAV).

#5 · (Edited)
Not a problem. Yes, you would think this would be part of a Nav upgrade or a free download, but that hasn't been the case.

As info, Nav map updates for GM vehicles are now offered at Navigation.com (http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/). Map updates are no longer available through GMNavDisc. The 2013 North America map update (sku# 22991499) for all Nav-equipped 2nd gen CTS's is priced at a ridiculous $199.99 plus shipping. The 2013 map update disc apparently contains some newer version maps consistent with March 28, 2012 (the Map DB release date). That said I've heard there are still plenty of errors and old map information in the latest update. I think I'll be staying with the 2012 version maps in my '11 CTS4.
Updates for the Gracenote database (for both Nav and non-Nav Radio 40GB HDD Bose cabin surround systems) are no longer listed /not available at Navigation.com. The 2011 Gracenote database update (for UAV Nav systems) is probably the most up-to-date version we'll ever see for the 2nd gen CTS.

#6 ·
Since the nav update is from a new company, not Helm anymore, many believe this MAY be the last nav update for our generation. No proof of this statement, just speculation.

#7 · (Edited)
Tinman, this may very well be the case.

BTW.. have you been able to download the ISO per the link in post #1?
As info.. as an option to burning to a DVD-R note that an ISO image file can be burned directly to a USB thumb drive (having a minimum 2GB capacity in this case), and the USB thumb drive can then be used to update the Gracenote database on the HDD via the USB port in the center console.
http://www.isotousb.com/

#26 ·
Hi - I downloaded the iso and burned it to the a USB Flash Drive using the ISOtoUSB program you mentioned. When I put it in my car, I got the "update" or "cancel" prompt, so I hit update, but it didn't do anything, it just said "insert update disk 1 of 1". What am I doing wrong?

#17 ·
I downloaded the image no problems. However I could not burn the ISO image to the disk as Roxio 2012 refused to do it! I am done with Roxio! What worse during the latest Roxio installation it installed DivX player and other components that I cannot uninstall. As I just learned this is a common problem with this software, buyers be aware! No more software from Sony or associated companies. Now I will have to delete it manually by deleting all program folder files and registry entries. A daunting task. Anybody done it before?

#18 ·
try googling 'how to remove ....'

there's usually good guides for commonly hard to remove programs

----------

btw, i'm not sure that Roxio was/is ever associated with Sony (except maybe sony bundled it in their PCs)

Roxio (formerly Easy CD Creator)
used to be made by Rovi (formerly Macrovision)
sold Roxio to Corel in Feb 2012

use imgburn to burn the iso

#19 ·
Chris,
thank you for the info. I already done a lot of research and the common opinion is that DivX is hard to remove. I even tried some removal tools but they did not work. As I said before there is always the "hard" way...delete! But I need to get to registry and I was trying to avoid it.....guess there is no other easy way ;)

#22 ·
I like nero, it has an option to burn image to disk, works great everytime.
We had some roads changed over here, i wonder if they are on it? Is there a way anyone can find out for me?

As far as the removal goes, well theres nothing wrong with leaving it in there, as long as it isnt shooting an errors. But if you must you can always do a system restore to a point previous the installation. But ive seen so anti virus programs not like that and cause the system to blue screen. Just becareful what ever you do.

#24 ·
For program removal, you can delete the directories under program files. After doing so, use "CCleaner" (formerly known as "Crap Cleaner"). This will look in the registry for orphaned keys and references. Even programs with remove utilities leave crap in the registry. You should run it iteratively till the registry is clean. (i.e. run more than once....key a points to key b and key b points to nothing...key b is remoed, now key a that used to point to something valid points to nothing, so key a is removed)

#25 ·
Thank you guys for suggestions. I am guite good with computers so I will deal with that.
Regarding CCleaner - I had similar program that worked great in the past. In case of DivX though even some of the software rempoval tools do not work hence my plant to delete files and folders and then deal with the registry. First though I will try to find install log for DviX. maybe I wil lbe lucky :)

@christo, this is grace note update and has nothing to do with NAV, so do not expect any roads to be updated ;)

#28 ·
Thank you Micheal@dell for this.

The download, DVD burn and install when smooth. FYI, I used basic Win7 features to burn the DVD. However, I'm not sure if my '11 CTS needed this disk, the version reported was v.b00.0. After the completed install (took about 6 minutes), I reinserted the install disk and it still reported v.b00.0.

I have to add that it really sucks that album art does not display with the other info!! The CTS has a nice display and a good processor, why there is no album art in a 2011 tech release is beyond me.

Also, I have purchased lots of music since 2011, so where will future updates come from?

#29 · (Edited)
^ Speedbump, where in the Nav Radio system did you obtain the v.b00.0 info that you mentioned? From my experience the only place to view/confirm the installed Gracenote database version info (i.e. CDDB) is by going into the hidden screens (using the 4-digit passcode) and then choosing "Versions" in the main menu. I don't have access to my '11 CTS4 at the moment (I'm out of the country), but v.b00.0 that you've mentioned doesn't sound right.

As for future Gracenote updates beyond the 2011 version (which includes content up to 2010), I would be surprised if further updates actually come along, with the 2nd gen CTS going out of production soon.

BTW.. while Michael is hosting the ISO file for all here to download (thanks Michael_atDell), another forum member here actually provided the ISO file to Michael /his file sharing account to begin with, for others to benefit by it. Until now that wasn't mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.