Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Highline Cady 
#1 ·
Hi, newby here. I have a good friend who has a 2001 SLS and he is wondering what it would take to get to the 300HP of the STS.

Thanks for any advice,

Lou

#2 ·
Swap in cams from a 300 hp version, but you lose bottom end power some. The N* Engine forum guys would be able to help more.

You probably will need in the PCM tune from the 300 hp, but it will mess up your speedo.

#6 ·
I guess it would matter how much time you could spend in the upper rpms where the power is stronger.... But for daily driving, a 275/3.71 car would be a nice daily driver.

#7 ·
Ya it's been a while STS2003, so I have been looking around, chiming in where I can, because anything I recommend I have done. I haven't been in a ton of races with DTS's but the ones that I have raced I have beat. I jump them right out of the whole by a car length and they never close the distance. But I also have a different PCM from stock, much closer to a STS/DTS program than the stock deville/DHS/SLS programs.

My opinion is, the "275 horse" cams get me out of the whole quicker, and the tune keeps them from gaining on the top end. Anybody that lives in the Milwaukee area that has a 00-03 DTS, feel free to pm me if you want to run, for shits and giggles, loser buys the beer, afterwards. Anyway, you'd be impressed what this "275 horse" N* will do, like I said earlier the only difference is the intake cams in these particular years, earlier models there was a much bigger difference, performance wise, in my opinion.

#8 ·
I wouldn't mind if I get up there sometime just to see how a heavy LT1 Fleetwood does. I just don't get up to MKE that often anymore.... Just for fun!

I ran a 03-04 Silverado SS a few weeks ago and to 105 I was up front, and he ~should~ have had the advantage....

#10 ·
So highline u have a 03 DHS with upgraded 3.71's and a AJ tune?

What would happen if those DTS/STS/300hp cars got the tune?

Im new to the caddy world and im thinking about getting one. Trying to research and learn what options there are out there and which model i should get between a seville/deville/sts/dts.

#12 ·
We have installed "tunes" into a friends DTS and he still lost to me. It was closer but still not that close. In my opinion and experience the cams are better (more radical) in the 275 horse version from 2000-2003 than the DTS. Remember the only difference in these years are the intake cams. The 2000-2003 275 horse intake cams are much closer in spec to the old STS 300 horse intake cams than the 2000-2003 300 horse intake cams.

Now to be fair allot has been done to my particular car since then, allot.

To be honest, assuming you do not have the same modifying sickness I do, you'd probably be happier with a DTS/STS, stock vs stock. If you share my disease, grab a DHS, 3.71's out of a DTS/STS, a W tire PCM program, mine is a modified W program (thanks AJ) and you'll be very happy, oh and while your throwing in the gears, do a shift kit, none available you'll have to ask AJ 'bout the springs, 3500 stall, and build a solid front motor mount otherwise you'll be in every week getting a new one and they are not cheap.

That's a good start, I've got way more done but I want this sled into the 13's next time I'm down to the track. According to the data logs: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, but I still want timeslips and so does everybody else. LOL

#11 ·
Look for Highline in Northstar Performance and Deville: the newer PCM's don't go in here, and his car is considerably more sophisticated than meets the eye. (You notice that the last post in here was 6 months ago.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.