Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  codewize 
#1 ·
I'm looking for 4 Assurance TripelTreds in 235/55/17.

I've looked all over and they're on back order everywhere, so I started calling around. Goodyear says they don't have a date when they going to start production to fill orders. How can that be? They sell a product that's out of stock everywhere and they don't have a production date?

I had a vendor get back to me to say that he checked directly 3 Goodyear warehouses and out of 2 dozen sizes of these tires they have only 4 in stock and no production date on the rest of them. What gives?

They recommended the Pirelli P Zero Nero as a replacement?

I'm just trying to understand the production problem

#4 ·
You know that's funny because every store I called tells me they don't come in that size but yet Tire Rack lists them and Goodyear lists them and acknowledged that they make them. And other online tire places list them.

I did so much asking around about these tires and fell in love with them based on the feedback I hate to change now.

#5 ·
Codewize

If you aren't in desperate need of the tires right at this time, it would be beneficial to wait for the tires to be produced. One time I was on Good Years website. I contacted them through e-mail, asking them to produce the Assurance triple treads in 235/50/18 size. It took them three days, but they actually contacted me, to say there are no plans to make that size. Maybe contact them, and ask them if they can tell you when you can get the tires. It couldn't hurt to try.

Don

#6 ·
I did that. They said there is no date set for production.

Codewize

If you aren't in desperate need of the tires right at this time, it would be beneficial to wait for the tires to be produced. One time I was on Good Years website. I contacted them through e-mail, asking them to produce the Assurance triple treads in 235/50/18 size. It took them three days, but they actually contacted me, to say there are no plans to make that size. Maybe contact them, and ask them if they can tell you when you can get the tires. It couldn't hurt to try.

Don

#7 ·
That is NOT the ideal tire for the STS. Look at a Continental ContiExtreme Contact. That Assurance thing has the driving characteristics of a moderate snow tire, especially during more "spirited" driving. Lateral traction is unremarkable, and they have a somewhat coarse breakaway. They are also noisy, squaking in tight curves. They LOOK like some kind of high performance tire, but are anything but. They do have good rain performance, no idea about ice, still would NOT buy again.

#8 · (Edited)
Really? Everyone else and ever review I've read says exactly the opposite. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about how quiet they are, how great they handle and they're going on a DTS not and STS. I'm considering the Pirelli P-Zero Nero.

The Continental ContiExtreme Contact is not available in my size. How about the Continental ContiPremierContact? Anyone know about those? How about the Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge?

Maybe I should tell you what I expect
less than $140ea
All season Touring
Must be quiet
Must be smooth
Must have some sport handling characteristics. I don't want the DTS to handle like the truck
Good traction in the snow. I live in upstate NY. I can drive in the snow and it doesn't bother me at all but I like a tire that has good snow capabilities.

They have to be H rated or better and must come in 235/55/17

Now having said that I would like to comment on another tire. The Uniroyal Tiger Paw. I had these on the STS once. What a POS. Awsome traction in the snow but other than that they're junk.

That is NOT the ideal tire for the STS. Look at a Continental ContiExtreme Contact. That Assurance thing has the driving characteristics of a moderate snow tire, especially during more "spirited" driving. Lateral traction is unremarkable, and they have a somewhat coarse breakaway. They are also noisy, squaking in tight curves. They LOOK like some kind of high performance tire, but are anything but. They do have good rain performance, no idea about ice, still would NOT buy again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.