Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Redifining NANO - not very happy

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  SoCadillac 
#1 ·
I think Eagle One set out to re-define the word 'nano.'

Has anyone used the new nano-wax from Eagle One? Prior to speaking with Gary, I had purchased this based on it's great reviews in Consumer Reports. The only thing they didn't like about it was it's durability and that it needed to be re applied frequently.

I think it's crap and I'm totally disappointed. First off it was very very difficult to wipe off. I just about killed myself getting it off the car. Secondly I'm not impressed with the end result at all. The car doesn't look or feel like it's waxed. I can't wait to see what happens in the rain this afternoon.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

#3 ·
Yes I got the cloth and the applicator also. I'm not familiar with the micro-fiber cloths to much but I thought it was kind of small to buff a whole car with

#4 ·
In all my years of trying to make shiny things even shinier, I've tried just about everything out there - except this one, it seems. Thanks for the heads-up !

Although since Gary came on the scene with his polyseal, I see no reason to try anything else. It's fast, it's VERY effective, and the price is right - what more could you ask for?-

#5 ·
It's average at best. The best over the counter product I found so far is Mother's Reflections, of course the over the counter products do not come close to the durability or looks of the high end products you can get online. :)

#7 ·
Notice I did state that this purchase had been made PRIOR to speaking with Gary. :)

I know what I'm trying next... And I think I'm going to give her a clay job. Even after using paint cleaner, there is still some roughness.

I'll be visiting your site as soon as I have a couple extra dollars. Bills have to get paid first you know.

#8 ·
hcvone said:
It's average at best. The best over the counter product I found so far is Mother's Reflections, of course the over the counter products do not come close to the durability or looks of the high end products you can get online. :)
I second that as Mother's does put out good product. Their billet products are some of the best I've ever used.

#11 ·
Well up until now I've always used Mothers a while back and more recently Meguiar's. I've been happy with both.

I think there was a small exception regarding maybe some vinyl protectant stuff that I wasn't impressed with. I can't remember what it was but I like the NXT protectant.

Anyway I guess we'll move on and try Perfect Auto Finish products.

#12 ·
SoCadillac said:
Sorry, but I had the complete lineup of the NXT products and it all went to my son...let him suffer. Not that great of stuff.
Wow really, you shoulda sold it to me.

What did you have?

Good products:

NXT Car Wash <good!!
NXT Tech Wax
NXT GLass CLeaner
NXT Tech Protectant

All the other stuff like NXT Insane Shine and stuff I've heard mixed reviews about.

#13 ·
Nano wax goes on like water... and protects like it too.

#14 ·
Well it went on OK, never really hazed over and came off like crap. It kept smearing and was very very difficult to buff off. Liek it just woudn't dry

The water seems to bead great on it even during and after pretty heavy thunderstorms. But it's way to much work. I didn't feel like the finish was smooth and slippery either, like I'm used to.

#15 ·
SL1CK said:
Wow really, you shoulda sold it to me.

What did you have?

Good products:

NXT Car Wash <good!!
NXT Tech Wax
NXT GLass CLeaner
NXT Tech Protectant

All the other stuff like NXT Insane Shine and stuff I've heard mixed reviews about.
Here's what I purchased when it was first released (called my son to see what he has remaining):

NXT Tech Wax
NXT Spray Wax
NXT Tech Protectant (now called Tech Protect)
NXT Cockpit Shine (no longer made)
NXT Insane Tire Shine

#17 ·
SL1CK said:
Does he still have any left?

Most of the time, its all about technique.

But I've heard mixed reviews about Insane Tire Shine and Cockpit Shine.
Yes he does as he's not like me (that why I gave it to him as I knew he would rarely use it). The Cockpit Shine has a look and consistency like baby oil and reminds of ArmorAll's Detailer's Advantage Protectant (I didn't like it either, and yes, you guessed it, it went to my son). One ArmorAll product I do like is the new ArmorAll Protectant Gel in the yellow upside down bottle. I picked it up on sale and use it on those exterior parts of the car that constantly get hit with sun and under the hood in the engine bay. I'm actually pretty impressed with it. My favorite vinyl protectant is Vinylex by Lexol.

For tires I have used, for years, even before it showed up at some of the auto stores: More Shine Less Time by Stoner Solutions.

P.S. My son likes most of what I give him because it's free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.