Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  zonie77 
#1 ·
Hi,

After 1 week's parking my '94 STS (4.6L V8) feel lack of power, and gear is not shifting smoothly, so I took it to mechanic shop, the guys told me the fuel injection wire harness is broken (seems like rabbits baited it :thepan: ) , and he said there must cause short, not he can see cylinder 6 and 7 is not working. I was told that replacing the wire harness might just be the begining because other parts could be damaged as well because of short.

Now my Q:
1. I found a fuel injection wire harness on eBay which is for 1996-1999 northstar engines only, will it work on my 94 STS (I know in 95 they made some changes on northstar so...)?

2. I also got a used complete manifold for 1996-1999 northstar, can I use its injectors on my 94 engine? (in other word, are the injectors same for 94 and 96 northstar?)

3. The mech. guys also told me the fuel injection computer could be damaged too, will can I got it?

I really appreciate your help guys!

-Jag

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
eldorado1 said:
You need a wiring harness and injectors from a 93-94. Other years are too different from yours.

The computer could very well be damaged. If your question is "where can I get it?", try car-part.com
Thank you! I almost bought a 96 wiring harness!

How much would the labor cost for replacing the fuel injection wiring harness? The guy asked for $220...

#4 ·
if you have the 5.9L then... its easy. I took the whole fuel rail out, replaced the injectors, cleaned the top of the engine, and replaced it in about 4 hours. and I was taking my time.(it was my deville) Plus, I shot air through all the fuel lines to make sure there was no debris in there. If you have the northstar then Im not to sure, but still It shouldn't be too hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.