Cadillac Owners Forum banner
16K views 113 replies 27 participants last post by  PAULSTSMAN1 
#1 ·
I saw the preview of the all new 2007 Imperial, today. It will be unveiled September, 2006. It will be Sandy's next new car, and I have a waiting buyer for my 2003 Town Car that has 7,700 miles on it now, and should have 11,000 in Sept. '07.
Rolls Royce Phaeton "A" - "B" & "C" pillars, very similar taillamps and a very similiar headlight/grille and front fender configuration, with Suicide doors and a R.R. roofline. Will be black. Interior, depends what is available....
1st choice = White leather
2nd choice = Black Leather
3rd choice = Red Leather

I am afraid it will be very very expensive, as it LOOKS that way....
A masterful job of copy-ism ! :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Sandy said:
I saw the preview of the all new 2007 Imperial, today. It will be unveiled September, 2006. It will be Sandy's next new car, and I have a waiting buyer for my 2003 Town Car that has 7,700 miles on it now, and should have 11,000 in Sept. '07.
Rolls Royce Phaeton "A" - "B" & "C" pillars, very similar taillamps and a very similiar headlight/grille and front fender configuration, with Suicide doors and a R.R. roofline. Will be black. Interior, depends what is available....
1st choice = White leather
2nd choice = Black Leather
3rd choice = Red Leather
I am afraid it will be very very expensive, as it LOOKS that way....
A masterful job of copy-ism ! :thumbsup:
Sandy ive been hearing about this car for a few weeks ....I guess you got a personal Invite to see the car in person ?

I cannot wait to see it , i hope it lives up to its name , unlike the last imperial we got from chrysler ....

#3 ·
Are there no spy pics to which we can link for a look-see?

#7 ·
holy crap that looks ugly. Whats up with chrylser ripping off designs?? First it was Bentley with the 300C, but the 300C is pretty nice. And now its the RR Phantom?? And a really ugly version at that? Just my opinion.

#9 ·
gary88 said:
From what I see, at least they didn't put an umbrella in the rear door
What? No umbrella?! Aww, man!

#14 ·
I think it looks great. I really like the rear end and the profile. It's great to see Chrysler bring back an honored nameplate!

#15 ·
It looks in person, looooooonger than that picture!! The fold in the magazine has taken with it some length. It's about 8 inches longer than a 300. Chassis is 6 inches longer than the 300. I'd estimate it to be the length of the Cadillac STS (2005), perhaps 1 to 2 inches longer, no more. Not sure butI think the price will be in the $53,000 range. Which HEMI it will have, also unsure. Will the SRT-8 be standard? Optional, or Not Available, is unknown.
No, I will never get rid of my Sixty Special, not to worry !! It would be the '03 Town Car. This Imperial should ONLY be made in black, white, cream, deep emerald, dark dark brown, dark grey (charcoal), or navy. Someone needs to put a picnic basket in the trunk !

#16 ·
Dark brown with cream leather!
mmmmm yes!

#19 ·
dbdartman said:
Vergil Exner on LSD interprates Cadillac's Art & Science design? :hmm:
What???

#21 ·
Yeah I knew who Virgil Exner was, but I dont get how Art & Science ties into the Chrysler head of design from the 1950's

#23 ·
yeah I can tell! :p

#24 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
That's what I though when I first saw the pics of that car. :ill:

Stony, Virgil did so some very fine designs. Some of the later stuff however (like the 61 Dart & Valiant for example) is just strange (again, to me they seem to be "design by a committee" that doesn't consult with it's members).

I can only hope that before I die, designers REdiscover visually pleasing proportions (something I think is lacking in about 98% of the current auto styling).

#25 ·
The new Imperial is going to "breakthrough" in design, so it will have its admirers and also its haters. Like the Cadillac STS & CTS. Many Cadillac loyalists dislike the STS as they were looking for a redisigned Seville, and that is definately NOT what was delivered. The Imperial will be very "stately" and elegant ~ do not look for avante garde or new wave styling. It's not about that. It's more about a modern interruption of what the 1960 Imps stood for, that being opulant interiors, and restrained elegant styling.
"X" percent will love it AND "X" percent will hate it, and NOBODY will be in the middle, or undecided. My guess? 70% will love it & 30% will hate it. It will sell very well, mostly to 40-50 someones, who grew up in a MOPAR family, or have always like Imperials or who (such as me) have had Imps and were impressed with them. Hard Core Lincoln & Caddy people (better known as conquest sales) will be tough. But, then again, look at the Chrysler 300 sales!! Most ChryCo loyalists were pissed about putting the " 300 " badge on (GOD FORBID) a Four Door Sedan !

#26 ·
What was so wrong with the 1990-93 Imperials?? The only problem I see with them is they are K-car based. They look like a good competitor to a Park Ave/ Ninety Eight seeing as how they are a FWD/ V6 setup.

Will the new ones compete with the S Class market, or the deVilles and Town Cars?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.