Cadillac Owners Forum banner
124K views 228 replies 65 participants last post by  1999fleetwood 
#1 · (Edited)
THE absolute LAST Time I am doing this!!
___________________________________.

Made by Superior Coachbuilders of 2550 Central Parkway in Lima, Ohio 45804, under CONTRACT with Cadillac Motor Division for two (2) model years, 1998 & 1999, to offset run-a-way sales of Lincoln's larger & roomier Town Car. Ths car began as a Sedan de Ville and was shipped to Superior Coachbuilders, whose MAIN BUSINESS is limousines, Livery Sedans, Flower Cars, and Hearses.

Cadillac made up a SPECIAL oprion for cars that there going to go there to be converted into FLEETWOOD LIMITEDS .... it was a "Mandatory" option, meaning you could NOT get one of these without the option, BUT this option was NOT included in the base list price! THE Option:-
Code WC7 = "WC7 Package" {It's name}
Heated Front Seats
Power Front Seats with 4-Way Lumbar Support
Electronic Compass Rear View Mirror
Theft Deterrant System
Homelink Garage Door Opener

Now, the second Cadillac-Installed Option AT the Cadillac Plant was Code WC3 = Concours Appearance Package, consisting of the Concours' Black-Out Grille with hood ornament removed and the Cadillac Wreath & Crest placed IN the grille's center (on the grille itself).

The third and FINAL option FROM Cadillac, installed ON the Assembly Line was Code U1S; that being the Trunk Mounted 12-Disc Compact Disc AutoChanger.

Now....

From Superior came the following "OPTIONS" ~~
Fender Skirts
Chrome Grille Cap (available on either Grille ~ looked terrific on Concours Grille)
Single or Dual Fold Down Rear Seat Writing Tables
Simulated Convertible Roof
Rear Seat Footrests (dual)
Full Length Padded CLOTH roof
Rosen DVD/TV Monitor Fold Down from Rear Headliner
Gold Ornamentation Pkg.

A Full Length Padded Vinyl Roof was included at no charge from Superior.

Listed as "Delayed availability" {Unknown if ANY were ever made} was a 6-Way Power Option for the rear seat. No Code & No Price ever listed.

Dealer installed options:-

Power Glass Moonroof
Hands-Free Cell Phone (G.M.)
On-Star System (G.M.)

Production:- (Most dealers number are wrong or "guesses" ~ THIS IS EXACT !!)

1998 = 314
1999 = 467
Total = 781

All exterior paint colors were available on them. Parisian Blue was the rarest, with 2 made.

PRICING:-
$ 49,330.00 = Price of Base Unit incl. a $4,000 reduction for items omitted by GM, that would be discarded by Superior anyway.

$ 00,885.00 = Destination
$ 00,727.00 = WC7
$ 00,000.00 = WC3 (No Charge)
$ 00,450.00 = Fender Skirts
$ 00,336.00 = Chrome Grille Cap
$ 00,427.00 = Single Rr. Writing Table
$ 00,848.00 = Dual Writing Tables
$ 00,425.00 = Simulated Convertible Roof
$ 00,215.00 = Rear Foot Rests (this for 2)
$ 00795.00 = Full Length Padded CLOTH Roof
$ 02,498.00 = Rosen DVD / TV Monitor
$ 00,190.00 = Gold Ornamentation Pkg.

There was no set price on the 3 dealer installed options:
Moonroof / On Star and/or Cell Phone.

COLORS:-

Mulberry 88 & 89
Silver Mist 88 Only
Moonstone 88 & 89
Baltic Blue 88 Only
Frost Beige 88 Only
Emerald Green 88 & 89
Dark Adriatic Blue 88 & 89
Cotillion White 88 & 89
Sable Black 88 & 89
Shale 88 & 89
Gold Firemist 88 & 89
Polo Green 88 & 89
Crimson Pearl 88 & 89
White Diamond 88 & 89
Sterling 89 Only
Cashmire 89 Only
Parisian Blue 89 Only

Only Cadillac Dealers across the country who were signed up for Cadillac's Limousine and Professional Car Sales Outlets were able to order & recieve these cars. The VINs on them denote that as it left Cadillac's final assembly plant that they were incomplete, not yet roadworthy cars.

The two most popular colors were Black and white, in that order. Parisian Blue of 1999 was the rarest at 2 made. One was on e-bay about 18 months ago. The owner never knew......

Some cars had custom chromed wheels and or Vogue tires. Again these were selling dealer added.

{Never again am I doing this !!} Save it, if you want it. Print it. Wallpaper your closet with it......whatever.....}

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited (MAKE A STICKY)

No I've seen one here in Minneapolis. It was a Gold Firemist with same color interior as the one pictured. I almost caused an accident gawking at it. :D

Thanks Sandy.

#7 ·

Gold Firemist is a rare one too. I have seen several black & white & silver & Emerald Green, as well as Dark Adriatic Blue. On e-bay was a Parisian Blue. I darn near wet my pants. It took 4-ever to sell it. It looked very tired out. No damage, per se, just tired looking....... 1 of 2.

#8 ·

The reason that both pictures Mc posted show the car WITH the OPTIONAL Fender Skirts is that there were certain options that, in a letter to Cadillac dealers HIGHLY "SUGGESTED" that those options be requested for inventory orders. Those items were the WC7 (mandatory) package, the aforementioned Fender Skirts, the Dual Rear Seat Writing Tables, and lastly the dual Footrests. BTW, allthough units also included the leather interior in the base car build (it's added cost buried into the MSRLP and not showing), there was in fact a "Leather Delete" ~ ~ but only on SOLD orders, NOT on inventory orders - so, IF a buyer wanted the regular DeVille cloth seating, they could have it, as long as they ordered it. There was a cloth car on e-bay about 2 years ago. It was black with gray cloth with tables & footrests. It had NO skirts! :helpless: :rant2:

#9 ·

Sandy said:
The reason that both pictures Mc posted show the car WITH the OPTIONAL Fender Skirts is that there were certain options that, in a letter to Cadillac dealers HIGHLY "SUGGESTED" that those options be requested for inventory orders. Those items were the WC7 (mandatory) package, the aforementioned Fender Skirts, the Dual Rear Seat Writing Tables, and lastly the dual Footrests. BTW, allthough units also included the leather interior in the base car build (it's added cost buried into the MSRLP and not showing), there was in fact a "Leather Delete" ~ ~ but only on SOLD orders, NOT on inventory orders - so, IF a buyer wanted the regular DeVille cloth seating, they could have it, as long as they ordered it. There was a cloth car on e-bay about 2 years ago. It was black with gray cloth with tables & footrests. It had NO skirts! :helpless: :rant2:
Who would DELETE a leather option?? :nono:

Idiots.

#10 ·

Some people don't like leather as they say it's too hot in the Summer & too cold in the Winter, especially in Florida, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California. The "Cold Birds" up in Northern Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Washington State are often concerned about the sub-zero temps in December-February, and also prefer the cloth. Remember, Seat Heaters were an unknown item in 1993.

#184 · (Edited)

Some people don't like leather as they say it's too hot in the Summer & too cold in the Winter, especially in Florida, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California. The "Cold Birds" up in Northern Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Washington State are often concerned about the sub-zero temps in December-February, and also prefer the cloth. Remember, Seat Heaters were an unknown item in 1993.

Heated seats were available as options in Cadillacs as far back as 1968, possibly earlier.

Fold down writing tables? Yeeh, 1967 Fleetwoods had them (changed to small storage packs in 1968).

Rear footrests? Yup, my 1970 Fleetwood Brougham had those as well. I think all Fleetwood Broughams from 1966 thru 1976 had them. Only Fleetwood Broughams, not the Fleetwood 60 Special (which disappeared after 1970).

I remember seeing brochures on the Fleetwood Limited, i might have even saved one - somewhere. These were the best looking FWD full size Cadillacs ever (98-99 DeVilles were a close second). I might look for one - AFTER I find my 1992 Brougham with 5.7, d'elegance, tow package & factory CD player.

Anyone got one for sale???

Reactions: CadillacLuke24
#12 ·

Sandy said:
Man, i would just put a sheet over my seats and enjoy the leather when i could

#14 ·

Sandy said:
Actually, thinking more about it, I think that the 1989-1992 Fleetwood Sixty Special and the 1993 Sixty Special ULTRA came with heated seats, Right?
But I know that base de villes in 98 & 99 did not.....
Mine hasnt got them....

But i dont get why they used the base platform, why not the concours?

#15 ·

Most all manufacturers use the base model for conversions. 99% of all Lincoln Town Cars are the "Executive" model. Almost none are the Signature, Cartier or Limited Models All Caddies headed for Superior to become Hearses, Flower Cars or Livery are base de Villes.

#17 ·

Sandy said:
Most all manufacturers use the base model for conversions. 99% of all Lincoln Town Cars are the "Executive" model. Almost none are the Signature, Cartier or Limited Models All Caddies headed for Superior to become Hearses, Flower Cars or Livery are base de Villes.
Just noting that, my uncle's newest stretch IS based on a Town Car "Designer"

#19 ·
I know this is a HUGE shot in the dark, but I emailed them asking if they happened to have any of those extras or options still kicking around for the 98-99 devilles, maybe somewhere deep in their warehouse. - wouldn't mind getting a set of those fold down trays and foot rests for my '97 deville,,,,,,,

#22 ·
I know the answer.
The 98s' were all built on the Cadillac heavy duty coachbuilder underpinnings, and recieved the 6 bolt wheels among many other items. Many buyers complained that their cars did not ride "like a Caddy", and were stiff & unforgiving. So, for '99 they built them on the regular chassis, however they continued to offer the Cadillac installed "Coachbuilder's Package" as a NO CHARGE "option" ...

SOME (this indicates not a total listing) ... but SOME of the items in the Coachbuilder's Pkg. were the heavy duty 6-bolt wheels, heavy duty chassis, heavy duty braking, heavy duty radiator and heavy duty cooling system, sintered metallic brake linngs -rear, heavy duty power window motors, firmer shocks and heavy duty suspension, heavy duty turn signal switch, and more.... They can be spotted by the different wheels. Otherwise, no visual cues.

#23 ·
Cars with 6-bolt wheels were built on the V4U/B9Q "commercial" chassis, and the ones with 5-bolt wheels were built on the W20 "livery" chassis. There is a world of difference between the two but the main reasons for using the lesser W20 chassis were:
1. Cost (the W20 chassis is MUCH cheaper and doesn't force the customer to pay the dreaded "gas-guzzler" tax.
2. Ride quality (the W20 car is designed to be driven "as is", whereas the others are designed to have a lot of weight added to them, hence the extra heavy-duty components)
3. The cost of repairs on the commercial chassis cars is much higher and appearance upgrades such as wheels are virtually non-existent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.