Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking to purchase a SRX

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  pennypup 
#1 ·
Hi there, I am looking for some helpful info on purchasing a SRX. I am looking at a couple online in my area, and I was hoping for the V8. Anything in particular i should be looking for or, looking to avoid?

I came across a 2004 with the V8, looks fully loaded other than the NAV system, and rear video system.
has 187000 km's on it. (yes I am Canadian) 1

Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
More engine-related problems with the V6:than the V8. But yours is a first year of production SRX which could entail some problems with fit anf finish items. But let's assume the previous owner sorted all that out. Then, like with any purchase, ask about repair records and above all else, get a pre purchase inspection by someone who knows about the SRX!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I would honestly never purchase another SRX again. The idea was so good, when they are working properly they are awesome cars/trucks. But they have so many issues which are not cheap to fix. Some of the issues are small some are big like any other car. IMO the negatives outweigh the positives, but that's not saying your opinion may be the exact opposite. My experience was constantly "this should not be happening on a cadillac"... Like I said the idea for this car was good, but executed very poorly by pre-bankruptcy GM.

#6 · (Edited)
I drove 700 miles to get the SRX I wanted about 4 months ago. 2004,V8, MRC, Nav, no sunroof. The only disappointment was it was advertised as RWD but was AWD, I didn't care for the extra baggage. I inspected it thoroughly and was aware it needed a rear wheel bearing and steering position sensor. I drove it home, made the repairs and so far have had 6425 miles of trouble free bliss, averaging just over 19MPG.

Maybe I haven't had it long enough to have the catastrophic failures others speak of, but so far I regret nothing!

(edit) Just saw your handle. Former Saturn Vue fanatic here:)

#8 ·
(edit) Just saw your handle. Former Saturn Vue fanatic here:)
That is exactly what I have 04 (honda)V6 AWD. I love the thing but was looking for something a little more classy. haha

----------

I really enjoy my 08 SRX4 V6, it has a very unique look, the ride is great and if you can purchase a service contract to help defray some of the inevitable repairs that come with any used vehicle do by all means get yourself an SRX, but remember GM's fingerprints are all over the vehicle so some of the DIY projects require the patience of Job and the logic of Rube Goldberg to perform
I love a challenge and working on my own vehicles. I have only owned GM's and right now a GM with a Honda Motor. So I have patience! I will keep doing my research, you are all so helpful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.