Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#6 ·
I'm sure as many others have seen, consistent stock power is not an attribute of the 2.0T.
First baseline was about 20 rwhp higher then the follow ups. It is now making a consistent 199 rwhp on the stock pulls.

Our GM calibrator is still familiarizing himself with the 2.0T strategy, but I took a peek at the dyno plot he had up and he was already at 231 rwhp, so 30+ over stock, still making sense of it :)

Time to let her rest overnight and get back to it first thing tomorrow.

BTW, its hot and humid here. Been over 85° all day with humidity in the 90% range ;) If you can make power in this soup, you can make power anywhere...

#9 ·
Is your car an auto or manual? If it is an auto, is it AWD? 199rwhp seems crazy if the motor is 272hp. Though I have noticed how the motor seems down on power at times. I would expect closer to 240 rwhp based on typical drivetrain losses with a manual. Though numbers are not my goal. I just want more power :cool:

#8 ·
i certainly understand the heat and humidity. houston weather is about the same i hate dynoing F/I cars here in the summer. to many customers are so fixated solely on the numbers. good/bad thing is we have a Mustang Dyno great for us to use and gather data from, bad since they typically print lower hp numbers than other brands.

you guys keep up work and keep us updated. im sure there will be custom tunes available for people who add bolt-ons etc.

#12 ·
Yeah. I think he just means what I have always said: look at the percent increase and not at the numbers. And look at the percent all thru the range, not just the peak. All dynos are different and conditions are different.

He doesn't actually mean that 30 HP is always a 15% increase. I mean if you are talking about a 15 HP lawn cart motor bumping it to 30 HP would be a 100% increase. While adding 30 HP to a 3000 HP exhibition dragster would be a 1% increase.

#13 ·
Gotcha. I agree, the hard numbers aren't that important to me compared to % and change in curve. However, some could sandbag the percentage by taking a low-end pull during non ideal conditions, then doing the tuned pull at ideal conditions. That's when numbers could be useful.

----------

199 rwhp seems low for 2.0 RWD, even during hot and humid conditions.

#15 ·
Gotcha. I agree, the hard numbers aren't that important to me compared to % and change in curve. However, some could sandbag the percentage by taking a low-end pull during non ideal conditions, then doing the tuned pull at ideal conditions. That's when numbers could be useful.
Yeah, you should always be suspicious of dynos by tuners since they can benefit greatly by chicanery. I've seen many examples of suspicious pulls such as pulls starting at 4k to perhaps mask low end problems OR to have the intake/water/etc just a little cooler for the sweet spot. Or doing the pulls on E85 and the factory tune for the baseline! If there is nothing suspicious in the graphs you have to decide how forthright the tuner is. You can get a pretty good feel for a person's character by reading things they post here and elsewhere. FWIW, Mike seems to be completely above board. I mean even talking about a 15% gain isn't something a shady person would do just because it doesn't SOUND as sexy as the raw numbers that boil down to 15%. But 15% is a very good bump for an otherwise stock car in the conditions.

#14 ·
Right. 30 rwhp gain from a baseline of 199 stock is 15% increase.

So, if you expect to baseline higher, you'll still see a 15% increase in power :)

I dont feel that number is too low....its not fun to accept if you were hoping for more, but thats why dynos are often heart breakers :)

Another car on this forum was baselined at 204, and I have seen as high as 220+. Lots of variables there, and they can't be compared.

nyinstallers car baselined higher on his Mustang dyno, but thats a different dyno, different day, etc.

#17 ·
In 7+ years here, working right next to our dyno, mine would be the first car that the only way you know its making a pull is by hearing the dyno fan come on.
I stood right next to it yesterday and didn't realize he was in the middle of a pull. Crazy.
(To be fair, we have a super duper, double throw down, hurricane generator of a fan, its a hovercraft motor :))

#22 ·
we don't offer in house tuning services, but, I am going to need a 14 for a few days to verify the calibration on the dyno, if you are interested I'll provide you with a free intune and send you out with the car tuned to provide some feedback prior to release. We have loaner trucks available as well. Let me know :)

Anyone local with a manual...hit me up, may need one of them as well.

Mike, what is the cost to tune ats turbo?
You'll be able to purchase the intune for $389 or the Trinity which is a monitor with on screen gauges, led shift lights and gauge alarms, etc, for $599. Both will be preloaded with the tunes for the ATS 2.0t once they're released, or can be updated to add support for them.

Were gonna take a look at the 14 CTS 2.0t files, and assuming they're similar, we will likely be adding support for them in the initial release as well.

#34 ·
Yes sir, 100% bone stock down to the air filter.

We have a 2nd ATS here that already has a DP and CAI, and it will get dialed in using our CMR software in the near future as well.

Awesome especially in the heat!
Thank you sir :)

It was wet when I drove home last night, but I was blowing tires off at speeds I never expected it to, TC light was all but perma-lit as I enjoyed my new torque curve.

Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.