Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Platinum Rim Replicas

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ty1053 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have major air loss and peeling issues with my stock 22" rims. Sorry to all the guys that have heard me talk about this before.....on multiple occasions.

However, I am looking at replacing them with Platinum full chrome rims.

Does anyone have experience with replicas of the platinum flavor? Or is OEM platinums the only way to go?

I've heard the OEM's are made in China now. Well, so are the replicas. Not sure if quality would be an issue or not.

Just need input fellers. I want platinum full chome rims, just not sure which way to go.

Thanks

#4 ·
I have the 24" replica(not platinum replica)nitro filled z rated - they cost me around $2400 w/tpms and stainless valve stems-I take them off during the winter I'm happy with them but there center caps fade quickly so I recomend u keep the originals on-bought them from a Florida rim dealer off eBay

#6 ·
I purchased a set of chrome Camaro IROC wheels from them back in '06 and they've held up pretty good. The chrome is evidently not triple dipped as it is now starting to have a brassy look when upon close inspection. However, for the cost I would say they are alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.