Cadillac Owners Forum banner

TRIFECTA presents: LFX Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming, ATS 3.6 MY2013/MY2014+

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TRIFECTA 
#1 ·

http://i57.tinypic.com/2egacug.jpg

images are attached above

TRIFECTA presents: Cadillac ATS 3.6 (naturally aspirated) LFX/6L45 MY2013/MY2014+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013/MY2014+ Cadillac ATS LFX, corresponding Hydra-Matic 6L45 automatic transmission reprogramming, and an LFX engine implementation of the TRIFECTA Exhaust Aftertone featureset. The TRIFECTA Performance Cadillac ATS LFX MY2013/MY2014+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield gains of +35 ft-lbs and +28 WHP (Peak gains of +15 ft-lbs and +20 WHP) to a completely stock Cadillac ATS LFX/6L45 MY2014.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Cadillac ATS 3.6 MY2013/MY2014+ LFX ECM software reprogramming:

-Gains of +35 ft-lbs and +28 WHP under the curve (and +15 ft-lbs and +20 WHP peak)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013/MY2014+ Cadillac ATS 3.6 Hydra-Matic 6L45 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6L45 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance LFX Exhaust Aftertone powertrain software sound control software implementation:

-Offset firing of the direct injection pulse at 2500 psi and secondary ignition spark sequence during the exhaust phase of the combustion cycle (see video for example) (only when set conditions are met; does not activate during cruise)
-Exhaust cycle staggered injector pulse is triggered on preset conditions qualifiers at set intervals during the drive cycle corresponding with downshifting, throttle blipping, and deceleration cycle modified RPM and load qualifier altering the exhaust sound per the preset profiles (different strategies are implemented for different conditions)
-Additional progressive camshaft phasing corresponding with acceleration, deceleration and throttle transition events are triggered per qualifier conditions
-Does not negatively affect acceleration or performance
-Does not affect fuel economy or emissions compliance
-Replaces the TRIFECTA "Ghost Cam" featureset ("Ghost CAM II" was considered but declined as this featureset name)

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

Dyno sheet and video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03zsBF1OQ_o

LFX dyno graph (91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium with a LFX 3.6 engine) - stock wheels/tires:

http://i62.tinypic.com/29j3ew.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact TRIFECTA Performance: info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: www.wot-tuning.com for more information
-This powertrain calibration is available exclusively through TRIFECTA Performance and WOT-tuning; (as of April 30th 2014): wholesale inquiries are welcome though provided that you are an existing and active TRIFECTA reseller
-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for North American vehicles only, with more regions to follow
-Pricing TBA

-

Attachments

See less See more
1 4
#2 ·
I've got a 2.0, but my wife's SRX is a 3.6 so I completely understand how frustrated ATS 3.6 owners were at a complete lack of 3.6 tuning options. They bought the larger engine and then got ignored by the aftermarket. I'm very glad that TRIFECTA has stepped up to the plate to offer them something!

P.S. - Will you 3.6 guys stop whining now? (Kidding) ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.