Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Brand new 2014 SRX going into the shop because of CUE

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a brand new 2014 SRX on Friday April 4. Today, April 8 it is going back to the shop because the CUE is acting crazy. When I turn on the vehicle the CUE starts flickering on and off. All the icons disappear then reappear non stop. First the left side disappears then the top then they reappear. I am getting scared and hope that I didn't make a mistake by buying this vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what is causing it?

#3 ·
Hello tracer2950,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2014 SRX! I deeply apologize for the CUE system issues you are experiencing. Please keep us updated after your dealership visit. We can be reached via private message and are here to assist anyway that we can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#4 ·
I bought mine a week before yours, and I noticed the map flickering one day when the car was moving. I switched to a stationary screen and it stopped. After a restart it was fine.
My second week my memory seats stopped letting me set a new position. Ive tried everything exactly like the book says. Guess it will have to go in at some point. I just disabled the auto memory recall for now so I dont have to adjust the seat every time I drive. Im also having an issue with the horn honking to warn me of key left in vehicle when im getting in the car. Ive disabled it in the settings, but it does it at least once a day. Keys never leave my pocket.

#5 ·
Quick update. I did not take the SRX in to the shop because on the day of my appointment it seemed to correct itself and has not occurred again. I am just going to keep an eye on it and if it starts up again I will reschedule. And yes, I did test drive it. It always seems like things go wrong once I sign for something and bring it home. lol. I am just so relieved because I really did not feel like sitting in the dealers service dept with two small children. I absolutely love my SRX. I hope it just needed to update itself or something. The SRX is a beautiful vehicle with an outstanding ride. As a matter of fact my aunt is going to purchase one this weekend.
Tyler- I hope that your issues get resolved as well. I know how frustrating it can be especially when things like that happen so soon after purchase. Just remember that despite all the little quirks, we still have the most beautiful vehicle out on the road...the SRX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.