Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Emblem Removal

16K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Spartan 50 
#1 ·
Does the Caddy emblem on the back of the wagon have those stupid centering pins, or can I remove the logo without issue?

#15 · (Edited)
camaroz06 said:
Anyone with their rear Cadillac emblems removed looking to sell them?
you can get GM parts on eBay. I always check because most dealers will price match as long as you can show them the part number. I can give you some numbers..is it just the V badge you wanted?

the lowest you will get a new "V" emblem is about $71. (there are plenty that are $3-$35 but none are OEM)

the "CTS" is way less than that and you can get those for around $15-$20.

The actual wreath and crest are different from the trunk to the grill and most of those the best price is around $45-$55

those are very good prices on GM badges. if you don't care if they're GM OEM, then you can get everything listed above for probably $35. your call there. hope this helps a little

---

I've removed a ton of badges in my day, and personally the best way I've come across debadging is to use monofilament fishing line(anywhere from 6-12lb test) and just kinda massage it down from N to S. if you want, you can put masking tape around the edges of the badges to make sure you don't scratch the paint.

after you get the badge off, use some rubbing alcohol or goo-gone/label sticker removal and wipe clean. I recommend waxing that spot after as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.