Cadillac Owners Forum banner
57K views 125 replies 51 participants last post by  ChicagoTommy 
#1 ·
What do u guys think? The lights are an aftermarket replacement for a 92-98 BMW E36. I converted the original Angel EYES (which used regular light bulbs) To 7000K CCFLs. And as u can see, its day time, and they are clearly visible. Ill try to get some nighttime pics on here if i can soon.... I also removed the "popo-style" push bars from the bumper, and replaced my grille with a 2000ETC grille. The headlights took about 8 hours to install. I had to grind into the sub-frame and cut out a lot of plastic. Also, all custom welded brackets had 2 b made to hold the lights in place. The Eldo grille also takes a bit of grinding to fit. Anyway, its still a work in progress and the final fit should b a little cleaner once I figure out what im going 2 do with those hideous corner lamps...any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As for the corner lamps I would just order the export version corner lamps. They are clear(no amber in sight) and would probably give you the look you want.

#4 ·
Well the Seville export lamps would fit but as for anything else I have no clue. Are you talking about smoking out just the corner lamps or the whole front? I'm not sure if that's legal or not but it would look nice since you have a dark colored car.

#6 ·
I don't think the Eldo corners fit. But you should be able to order the Seville Exports from the dealer for about $50. Here's a link with a pic of the export Seville w/clear corners http://www.movit.de/rahmen/cadillac.htm .

#9 ·
Is that a bucket at the carwash in one of your pics?:sneaky: What a travesty!! That's illegal!!:nono:
Just kidding. I take my bucket with me and fill it up to wash my ride too.:) Although some people get mad about it.

#12 ·
Hello all, I'm the new owner of an 01 SLS... black on the grey love the car but there are a few issues. I'll be posting on other strings with the other issues but the headlights are one of them. The lenses are showing hairline cracks throughout and even internal delamination of the plastic (or so it seems). The car still has warranty so I'm unsure if GM will honor that for the headlights... but I'd like something a bit different.

the BMW angel-eyes is interesting but what's the fit and finish upclose? I noticed the car is from Ontario but where exactly are you? I'm in Burlington so I'm curious to see what the retrofit looks like. Does anyone know of any pre-made kits? Ideally I'd like the same shape as factory but with black surrounds (rather than the chrome) but am very reluctant to crack the housing open (lest moisture and condensation become a problem).

Any ideas?

Thanks

D.

#13 ·
honestly, here is my opinion:

loose the Eldo grille.. if anything, get a billet Seville grille.

the bumperettes are what i love about these Caddys, so loosing then is a bad thing in my book

The lights... honestly,. they are a tad too big for the car, if the diamter was smaller, it would blend well, but they just don't blend that good...

otherwise nice car :)

#14 ·
loose the Eldo grille.. if anything, get a billet Seville grille.
The eldo grille it is wider then the Seville grille, and I needed the extra width to get rid of a small 1 inch gap, because the lights were in fact a little shorter than OEM...also someone jacked my emblem and this one was 60 bux! dammit thats cheap...anyway, i wonder how long this one will last :banghead:

The lights... honestly,. they are a tad too big for the car, if the diamter was smaller, it would blend well, but they just don't blend that good...
They actually come from a e36 bmw, which is half the size of the STS. So im not really sure what u mean by that.

the BMW angel-eyes is interesting but what's the fit and finish upclose? I noticed the car is from Ontario but where exactly are you? I'm in Burlington so I'm curious to see what the retrofit looks like. Does anyone know of any pre-made kits? Ideally I'd like the same shape as factory but with black surrounds (rather than the chrome) but am very reluctant to crack the housing open (lest moisture and condensation become a problem).
Im from London, i can get some up close pics if it helps. Also, I dont think I would worry about the lights fogging up after opening them up. I have split many of light casings in the past, and never had a problem with them afterwords... Never have tried this on a Caddy light though...

#19 ·
I'm wondering how well you can see with those lights and if they are HID or not. If it didn't take so much modding to do I would think about trying it my self.
They are your standard H3 Projector beams, and they are 200% improvement over the old ones. Thats the main reason I bought them. I like the way projectors, produce a sharp clean edge at the top of the beam....brings it up 2 date more IMO... I threw in the sylvania silverstar bulbs, to try to match the heat range of the Rings. Still not really that close, but better. Now my foglights look yellow :( I plan on getting the HID kit sometime when im not 2 lazy to do the wiring. . . Panasonic makes a nice kit for 500 bux or so...

94Caddy wanted some pics of how its all put together ... so might as well post them here ... i still have to do some minor fit adjustments...but as i said before, im getting lazy :)

The red circles indicate some of the things that had to be altered etc.

The circle around the side marker indicates where I still have to shave off some plastic to get it to be flush with the light.

As I was telling 94Caddy, the connectors for the lights are the same as the BMW lights, but all you have to do is flip them around to connect them. (I guess you could take them appart and reverse the wires, but I found they hold together just fine with the clips backwards)

Attachments

#22 ·
Suhweeet!!!! Thats looks pretty damn good except for the gap between the marker light. Maybe a small peice of plexiglass could be used to fill the space?
All I have to do is shave a bit of the side marker and it will sit flush against the light. At this point the light is simply pushing it out from its original position.

...the plate covers are plastic...

I agree, an Eldo billet grille would b nice now that I think about it.
Here is a pic of one...

Attachments

#25 ·
I like what you did! The eyes look sexy!
Maybe some extra eyebrows?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.